Can't stick with it

Options
I keep trying and then not continuing when I get busy or stressed. How do you all stay motivated?

Replies

• clairealyssa7
    clairealyssa7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I keep trying and then not continuing when I get busy or stressed. How do you all stay motivated?

• anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you having trouble staying motivated with?
  • mooresoftwareenterprises
    Options
    Caffeine and preworkout supplements help me stay motivated!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Keep counting! Your ability to hold yourself accountable to the numbers are going to see you through. The progress keeps you motivated.
  • Justn7883
    Justn7883 Posts: 4,764 Member
    Options
    Sure you can! You can do it! Haha
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I got a bunch off buddys here who are really good at motivating ill add you ill motivate too
  • clairealyssa7
    Options
    Thank you!! Im already having a craving, but I am refraining
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by the popcorn I eat every day after work
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Taking photos and seeing my body shrink kept me going. I also found exercises I enjoyed doing, so that helped give me more calories for my chocolate and pizza cravings.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I have a list of the reasons why I want to lose weight that I read several times a day, especially when I don't feel like doing what I need to do. I remind myself that if I don't stick with it then I won't reach those goals. Since I've started doing that I've been a lot more consistent with my logging.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I think I just can't tune into the new semantics of the whole weight-losing process; examples - "it's a lifestyle change", "you can eat anything you want", "never give up anything you aren't willing to give up for the rest of your life", "diets don't work", etc, etc. I've been successful at losing all the weight I've needed to lose several times in my life, and I decided to go back to what I know. I'm on a weight-loss diet, bottom line; I know how to do this. I've given myself a first goal of losing 10 pounds, then I can reward myself with anything I want that I can afford. Eventually I'll have to learn a whole new skill - maintenance.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror, and I like what I see. Every time I put on my pants, and feel how loose they fit. Little things, that charge me mentally.
  • Goldilukes
    Goldilukes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same troubles. I last two weeks then start my old habits. I lost 60 lbs the first time around and kept it off well for 2 years so I know I can do it but I keep feeling like there is somehow one golden shot with any addiction. I've also quit smoking 7 months ago and gained a good stone and half which is understandable really. The reason I haven't picked a cig up is bevause I believe I'd not be able to successfully quit again. I've been lucky this time so will run with it and not look back. Diet on the other hand is hard for me because we have to eat to live & eating triggers my appetite. It's been nice to read people's comments on how to stay motivated and I'm glad I am at least trying again instead of giving up completely.
  • cprovenghi
    cprovenghi Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me for support
  • bevkeller81
    bevkeller81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone - I do very well for 2-3 weeks and then something happens and I lose interest. I get so angry with myself when a month passes and I realize I am starting again - while had I stayed with the program I could have lost 4 lbs. I have learned I must weigh myself every day - if I don't it is so easy to stray and think "no big deal" - until I get on the scale. Also, I took a picture of myself .... since I do not like how I look - that in itself is motivation. It is difficult - let's face it if it was simple none of us would be looking for help.
  • clairealyssa7
    Options
    I am going to weigh myself every dayas well, such a great reminder. I should prob also try on pants that don't fit!!
  • mmmx392076
    mmmx392076 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Go out and buy an outfit that you love. Try it on in your size right now to make sure you love it. Then buy it 2 sizes smaller. Hang it in your room so you can see it everyday. That's my movervation and having my friends on here. Because of them I have stuck to doing it this time. I'm down 19.4 lbs in 3 months. Feel free to add me having friends on here to see what they do and even when your having a bad day to just vent helps so much.
  • Jamiempang
    Jamiempang Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    #1 I have a support group I LOVE and they help keep me motivated. #2 Cute workout clothes. It's funny, but it works. #3 Make sure you have a solid reason WHY you are doing this. Not to look cute. Not to simply be healthy. Dig deeper and find a reason with some true meaning.

Feel free to buddy up with me. I'm telling you a strong support system helps a lot. What do you like to do? Do you have a workout routine? Dvd? Gym membership? Maybe what you are doing now just isn't working for you. Don't quit!!!! You can do this!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Counting Calories is probably the easiest ( and most effective) thing that i have ever tried.... I'm not saying that i haven't had days when i have gone over, everyone does that... But logging onto a website and entering in what you eat isn't hard... and staying under your calories isn't that hard either. I feel like a lot of the people who struggle most with it are restricting too much and then can't help but fail, or those who let one day of bad eating spoil the rest of the week for them...

When i feel like quitting I just remind myself of why I wanted to do this in the first place.
  • clairealyssa7
    Options
    Thank you these are all great suggestions! I will be adding you all.