Best workout DVDs?

Options
Hi,

I am a yoyo dieter. I have currently packed on a few pounds and restarted South Beach Diet along with P90x.
I am finishing up phase 2 of P90x and I am just sooo bored with it already and really starting to hate Tony Horton (not because of the "pain" but his constant chatter, repetetiveness of the workouts etc) What I am looking for is variety in the videos.
Something that isnt the same thing over and over again, but still produces results.

I just wanted to know what everybody else uses/recommends? Thanks!

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Since you are familiar with Beachbody workouts try looking into Asylum! Its 30 days! I also have done Insanity and Turbofire and both are great!
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michaels DVDs and alternate through them for variety. I'm seeing BIG changes in my body and I'm very happy with these results.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I recommend anything by Jillian Michaels. I have 30 Day Shred, 6 Week 6 Pack, Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and love them all! =P They are all great workouts. 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack are not very long, roughly 25 and 35 minutes respectively, including warm up and cool down. Both are great workouts and can be found relatively cheap. Good luck! =)
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    TurboFire! Chalene Johnson is definitely very motivating and super fun! Message me and I can answer your questions if you want :)
  • netgirl224
    netgirl224 Posts: 64
    Options
    "Ca-Caw..like a Pteradactyl backing out of trouble!"

Ahem - yes, I know precisely what you mean by Tony's chattering..My husband and I recite key phrases & "jokes" to each other on a regular bases..without even realising what we are doing.

That said - as far as DVD's, I'm a Zumba addict. It makes me sweat like crazy & believe it or not sculpts certain areas of the body as well, without touching a wait. Plus, it leaves me smiling..which is always good for the spirit.

Good luck in finding something that you like! :)
  • zen12
    zen12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also love all of the biggest loser DVD's. I have 30 day shred,cardio max,body sculpt, and last chance workout. Alternating them really helps not get bored.
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100 % I am on week one. I made it to week three and ended up sick. I had to start all over :( So now I really am hating him, lol! I just get into a zone and try to tune out.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Sorry you don’t like P90X anymore, I love it, and I find myself repeating him as well.

Anyway, you are probably looking for something more fun, then I would recommend Zumba Exhilarate, it is a lot of fun, and very hard, and will take a while to get use to the steps, so you shouldn't get bored anytime soon....

Goodluck
  • zlosnica15pl
    zlosnica15pl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Ca-Caw..like a Pteradactyl backing out of trouble!"

Ahem - yes, I know precisely what you mean by Tony's chattering..My husband and I recite key phrases & "jokes" to each other on a regular bases..without even realising what we are doing.

You are forgetting, "pam the blam!" and "you are posing for downward dog magazine!"

Which specific Zumba dvds? or do you go to a class?