workout when hungover?

Options
perkymommy
perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
I don't know if I would call it hung over at this point since it's 2:00pm already but I did have a couple mixed drinks last night and I'm just not feeling like working out even though I know I would feel great if I do it. I just feel kind of off and bleh. Anyone else ever work out when hung over? By working out (for me) I mean walking on the treadmill.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    All the time. Burn it off. I think it's one of the best things to do to get over a hangover.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Workout after having a couple drink the night before? Of course. That really isn't an excuse. I usually feel better once I get blood pumping anyway.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Never in the history of time has it ever been done successfully.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Workout after having a couple drink the night before? Of course. That really isn't an excuse. I usually feel better once I get blood pumping anyway.

Oh, woops. What she said.

Yeah, sweat all the alcohol out. Drink plenty of water. I find its usually a pretty good cure if you're not too hungover.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    we're talking about walking? You're wondering if its ok to walk after having a few drinks the night before?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    we're talking about walking? You're wondering if its ok to walk after having a few drinks the night before?

Yes, but I do anywhere from 3-5 miles uphill walking/running on the treadmill. I didn't want to feel more miserable after I did it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »

Yes, but I do anywhere from 3-5 miles uphill walking/running on the treadmill. I didn't want to feel more miserable after I did it.

Does the walking app that you use have a hungover setting?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I know some who would never need gym clothes if they used a couple of drinks as an excuse.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    wow people are helpful aren't they with their cocky replies!

Depends if you mean a few drinks from night before or weather you mean a proper session.

If I have couple of drinks in house then I normally make gym or a class, if I have proper session out in town which includes bottle of wine and 6 vodka and cokes and few shots then now I would tend to give it a miss.

It really all depends how you feel. If you feel you can then go for it - if u don't feel up for it don't! it is entirely up to you.