Any asians?

Options
im not a racist or anything. just wondering if there are anybody like me that eat authentic Chinese food and have hard time tracking. or uses this site

Replies

• juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husbands Asian(Hawaiian/Chinese/Filipino) and when we do make authentic food it's pretty hard to find it in the food database... I usually try to match it up as close as possible to something in there already *if i'm lazy* or I will put everything in one by one.
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Im not asian but I LOVE Chinese food. I found that i have to put in:

1 cup rise
    6 oz of chicken / beef / whatever...
    2 tsp whatever type of sauce

You just have to break it down.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Just enter your ingredients in under the meal or recipe tab instead of trying to find something like it in the database.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am only 1/8 Chinese, but I am native Hawaiian and my other half is Cantonese.
    We cook A LOT.. like congee, lots of choy, his mom comes in a lot and makes radish cakes and (god help me) that stuff with lots of fungus, rice noodles.. it's so good.
    Bitter melon and everything else is totally a staple.. let's just say when we go to dim sum I always guestimate my calories haha! :)
  • kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    haha yes, its hard sometimes...I had eggplant with garlic sauce yesterday, it was from a takeout place, (not very authentic I know..) and I can only guess how many calories it had. You can always add all the ingredients of a meal and create a recipe if you cook at home, but it takes a lot of time, and if you eat out even that might not be an option. I try do my best and estimate... :)