Heart attack survivor

Options
Hello,

I'm a returning MFP user. I'm here to restart my weight loss journey because I'm 44 and had a heart attack last month. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that it really happened. I'm here to change my life.

As humiliated I was to walk into a regular gym at my size, it's even more humiliating to have to walk into cardiac rehab where every single person is 25-30 years older than me.

Starting weight: 348 (at hospital check in)
Current weight: 322.

Replies

• dcoitino77
    dcoitino77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you. Weight is a struggle for me but we all must start some where. Add me as a friend if you like
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you had to experience that but you should be very proud of yourself for taking steps towards better health. Feel free to add me, I have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • Skipeople
    Skipeople Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really hope you are feeling well given the circumstance and that you have people close by cheering you on to better health. Part of my motivation is knowing my family doesn't have the best luck when it comes to health and I want to battle my current risk factors. I'm 24 and currently 258. I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad you are able to fight back as you are. I love your courage. Keep fighting, I believe in you!

Feel free to add or message me if you want extra support.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Add me for mutual support. I'm here every day and support those who support me by posting kind and encouraging comments.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    glad you made it here.
    there are lots of good support groups and challenges. take advantage of them all
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a returning MFP user. I'm here to restart my weight loss journey because I'm 44 and had a heart attack last month. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that it really happened. I'm here to change my life.

As humiliated I was to walk into a regular gym at my size, it's even more humiliating to have to walk into cardiac rehab where every single person is 25-30 years older than me.

Starting weight: 348 (at hospital check in)
    Current weight: 322.

Welcome back! So glad to hear everything is okay after the heart attack. And congrats on the weight loss so far! There is so much support on this site. Good luck to you!
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to support you! I have 70 lbs to lose and would like to make some friends along the way :) Feel free to add me.