Looking for an Accountability Buddy

Options
abbey146
abbey146 Posts: 13 Member
So I've had MFP for years but I've never been successful with it. I seem to have this permanent habit of dieting until Thursday-Friday and then basically binging the rest of the week until Sunday. Come Monday, I restart my diet until the same thing happens again week after week. I have no one in my life with whom I feel could support me, so I really need an accountability buddy. If anyone is going through something similar, please let me know.

Replies

• tjsloff
    tjsloff Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I think I just haven't found enough to keep me occupied over the weekends so food becomes a more noticeable desire.
  • leannesgsewell
    leannesgsewell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too it's so hard but only we can do it xxxx I'll be a buddy we can do it. Xx
  • kllaurence93
    kllaurence93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem! I'm losing weight but only because I diet so hard at the beginning of the week. But the starve/binge cycle isn't good. Can I add you all and we can help each other out?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Many people structure their calorie intake in such a way that they eat at a higher deficit during the week and "bank" those calories for treats on the weekend. That's perfectly okay as long as it fits within your weekly allowance and you're still generating a calorie deficit. From you it sounds somewhat less organised, i.e. you just lose control and go on a complete bender. If that's the case, you need to work out what triggers those binges.
  • boredgamer
    boredgamer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't go to the gym on saturday and Sunday.. I usually just lay down and eat while playing..
    On Monday through Friday I would play all day eat sometimes or most times then go to the gym one hour before they close u.u sound similar to you
  • abbey146
    abbey146 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I will add you all :D:D:D .
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat sort of. I have my husband but he doesnt want to hear about it. All he cares about is "if I get too skinny or not". That discussion is boring to me. So I do my best to just do my thing without really involving him. I have been very successful in losing weight on MFP, its just the maintaining my goal weight that is the problem for me. Hence my new journey I just started three days ago. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I can get a few days of great eating and exercising and then I fall right back into old habits.
  • dotpink39
    dotpink39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    abbey146 wrote: »
    So I've had MFP for years but I've never been successful with it. I seem to have this permanent habit of dieting until Thursday-Friday and then basically binging the rest of the week until Sunday. Come Monday, I restart my diet until the same thing happens again week after week. I have no one in my life with whom I feel could support me, so I really need an accountability buddy. If anyone is going through something similar, please let me know.

• Roobs16
    Roobs16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi add me :)
  • jdiniz1
    jdiniz1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I'm generally very good during the week but get too lax with my diet over the weekend. I'm still working to find balance between enjoying fun weekend activities and staying relatively healthy. I'm trying out MFP again so let's all work together! We can do it, especially with the help of others with similar goals
  • erinBpharmD247
    erinBpharmD247 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I feel your pain! Weekends are typically a time when my husband and I will go out to eat and I definitely make unhealthy choices then.
  • AshRae2015
    AshRae2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Gosh this is me to a "t"...I feel like I stay on track during the week then once friday hits I get derailed :'(
  • pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Preaching to the choir!

My boyfriend is always moaning about me losing weight aswell.

Add me everyone ☺️
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Add me too pleeeease. I def need better habits when going out... Or eating in... Or the car... And on the bike...

Help
  • aknutson07
    aknutson07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the accountability train
  • piepdx
    piepdx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure accountability is my biggest problem! I need people to tell me it's really not okay to eat that donut...

...and I love donuts.