Should our kids motivate us to workout?

Options
yonelllavoz
yonelllavoz Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2016 in Getting Started
Never in my life did it cross my mind to work out until this question was asked! Sometimes even with our health we are selfish and don't realize the harm we do to our families with out even realizing it! I was weighing in at 257 July 26 when I enrolled my life to fitness and have now gotten that weight down to 193 and it feels great and all of us can do the same if we just get up and move just a little more!

Replies

• MizzKay99
    MizzKay99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yea my kids worout with me all the time. It fun and family bonding
  • brucealfred3
    brucealfred3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Totally!!! I motivated my mother after she got cancer to become healthy. Never regret a moment of it!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Kids are a great motivation. I truly would like to live longer and watch them all become healthier following my example. I had to do a health fair at work and found that some of my blood work was horrible and if I didn't want to have a heart attack I needed to get in control of my diet and lose some weight. I now outrun my children and as I'm jogging my once lazy couch potato goes along on his scooter or bike. It's baby steps for us all, but it's changing how active we are as a family.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My kids are my reason....... both of my kids are big for their age....we are talking 100% to 113% for height and weight. Their Doc is not concerned because they are proportional. I am tall and big and when I started lifting and eating right my son picked up on it. He runs for his schools running club and plays soccer. My daughter wants to lift with me (she is only 6 so only dumbells for her) but they have watched me get healthier. I hope that the habits that we are forming now as a family stay with them as adults.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My daughter is my motivation!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Never in my life did it cross my mind to work out until this question was asked! Sometimes even with our health we are selfish and don't realize the harm we do to our families with out even realizing it! I was weighing in at 257 July 26 when I enrolled my life to fitness and have now gotten that weight down to 193 and it feels great and all of us can do the same if we just get up and move just a little more!

I agree!

I try to keep one of my kids moving. My 6 yr old is underweight and the 8 year old is overweight and doesn't like to be active. I'm constantly pushing them to get out and move and do stuff, not the other way around, LOL.