Calories & Macros thoughts?

Options
So I have been on my weightloss journey for 51 days now and am down just over 20lbs now. I was using the lose it app but converted to here so i could better track my macros. Anywho all the research i have done is sooo confusing! Depending on where you search my daily calorie intake allowance ranges from 1600-2200 and the macros are all over the board. I have kind of been winging it and doing my own thing as far as staying between 1000-1500 calories and tracking my carbs between 50-100g daily. So with using this app i was thinking of setting my goals as 1600 calories daily with a macro setting at 30% carbs, 20% fat, & 50% protein as the fewer the carbs the better for me personally. My body hangs on to carbs like they are going out of style...any thoughts from people less confused about all of this than me would be awesome! Oh i should add that i work out 1-2 hours 6 times a week and my total goal is 100lbs + becoming the healthiest me possible :)

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    1600 w/ those macros is fine as a general objective - actually no one can give you realistic advice without knowing your weight and height.

Don't hold on to your goals too tightly - remember to fuel your exercise, stay away from those 1000 calorie days - they are nutritionally deficient.
  • jes7a11martin89
    jes7a11martin89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really do try to stay around 1200-1300 min. but my problem is that i work 12 hour nights 3 days on and 3 off and i like to flip back to a day schedule on my off days so usually that first day off i end up being awake from 330pm the day before until 7pm or so that night so those are the days where i end up having a hard time making over 1000 calories because i am just too tired to eat and have to force myself to do what is best for my body those days. Ugh night shift work and weightloss is really a tough struggle lol . Also i am still allowing myself to enjoy the things i used to eat often with just healthier versions of them. I don't hold too strict but i am pretty stubborn and disciplined when i set my mind to something. Realistically i shoot for 2-3lbs a week as far as loss goes.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Set macros 15c/20p/65f. ;)