Running.....I don't, cause you know....boobs

Options
Any ideas about how to tame the titties? I have massive boobs and they really annoy me when I try to do anything else other than swim.

I can't be the only one....

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra is your best friend. My last few have been Berlei sports bra and they work well for me.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yep - was the same until I started buying the Berlei sports bras. 12F... It is possible to run and not have them smack you in the head and try to tear free from your chest!! Of all the ones I have tried these are the best I think

• Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was a 24K I'm now about an 18H and I don't want to buy new bras yet because they are so expensive. I can't get them from Target lol

I am getting a reduction but not until I reach my goal weight. It's my present to myself.

#thestruggleisreal #firstworldproblems #milkshakesdontbringtheboystotheyard
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Gosh! Got your work cut out for you!!

When I was a bit heavier, and a student, I got up to around 14F (New Zealand sizing) I could get away with a cheapie from target (Kmart is the equivalent here) plus buy a slightly smaller crop top to go over the top to really smoosh those bad boys down. Wasn't that comfortable but on a budget did help.

Funny tags btw!!
  • Kristie354
    Options
    If I don't laugh about them I'll just cry haha

Oooh I haven't looked at Kmart for ages. I might give that a go this week.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK your sizes don't mean anything to me, but I know a fair few "well endowed" female runners and they do okay with actually wearing two sports bras at once.
  • Kristie354
    Options
    I'm going to have to do something like that. They're on the ridiculously huge side of boobs unfortunately for me. I neither want to be a stripper or a side show freak so they're pointless.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Perhaps 2 sports bras plus a compression top?
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Figleaves do quite large sizes. Dunno if they deliver to the US though? (I'm assuming you're in the US?)
    http://www.figleaves.com/uk/ranges/sports/bras/19700/20836/?show=1&noc=1
  • Kristie354
    Options
    That's great. I'm in Australia but I'll have a look. Thanks so much
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Ahhhh.... Figleaves have a US site, with a DD+ sports bras section. Worth checking out?

http://www.figleaves.com/us/lingerie/sports-bras/30520/?link=active_tn_sportsbras#term=&dept=sports bras&category=&subcategory=&answerhandle=30520&searchhandle=A%3dTNlingerie+not+in+olet~B%3dTNlingerie+not+in+olet~&pageno=1&sort=8&pagesize=28&colours=&sizes=&brands=&maxprice=90&multioptions=&deptcat=30657&minprice=10&islmin=10&islmax=90&fo=Department--30657~&cups=&bra=&clothing=&cosmetics=&shoes=&mensclothing=&productid=&productcolour=&bboost=&gender=&rating=undefined
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    two tight fitting sport bras and a good exericise top. that should help
  • Kristie354
    Options
    Yes ladies after much thought and some googling the solution seems to be more bras that fit tighter and hold them puppies in.

Bra shopping I go ;)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I hope you find something that works for you! I don't run for the same reason. If I do convince myself a jog is a good idea, I layer up: tank top, Champion sports bra, old underwire bra, tank top. Being big boobed since middle school, I discovered rocking my shoulders as I ran kinda gave "the girls" a better route to move, instead of the crazy up and down and everywhere else route they naturally took.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    A good sports bra is your best friend. My last few have been Berlei sports bra and they work well for me.

I have the same problem and I got a bright pink Nike sport bra for the 1st time in my life some time ago and it makes a huge difference! Well worth the money!
  • c00kiebites
    c00kiebites Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 2 at once. At the moment wear my maternity bra - epic support, underneath a sports one. Still some jiggle but it doesn't hurt too much
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    When I was large (36F/G American) I use to run wearing a regular bra and then a sports bra over that. I was a distance runner and that was the only way I could do it. It's not the most comfortable but it will give you a broader range of exercise that you can do besides swimming. I had a reduction when I was 22 (I was skinny but big chested). Best thing I ever did.......
  • Kristie354
    Options
    I can't wait!! Even at 64kgs I was still a size 10G, Australian sizing.

A breast reduction has been a dream for so long. I want to get down to a healthy weight first then I'll definitely get it done. It's my motivation to lose weight. I'm not going too small because that's not who I am. I just want to be able to go to a store and be able to buy cute bras they have in stock.

#bigbooblifegoals
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    There are a fair number of threads on this which recommend very specific sports bras, including how to find them for a good price. You should absolutely invest in at least one good one. I don't know about Australian sizing, but I ran several 5ks as a 34H/I. Shock Absorber Ultimate Run was my favorite. Nothing moved. I've since had a reduction. It really has improved life and I hope you are able to reach that goal.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras and a compression top- but that is what works for me at the moment. I have no idea how my size translates on different sizing charts, but I will say that I have been running and love it. If you really want to run, invest in a good bra and do it. Don't hold yourself back because of it! And good luck :)