Cottage cheese?

Options
simmoner4
simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
Besides fruit, what do you eat with cottage cheese???

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I mix in choc/peanut butter protein powder or pb2 and chia seeds.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Or.. Just plain! I like to mix chili with it, a spoon of chili and a spoon of cottage cheese. Or stew. Also great in any tomato sauce based dishes
  • trswallow
    trswallow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, milled flax seeds, hot sauce, flavored tuna packets, jelly/jam
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    we use it with salad greens in place of dressing.along with the greens ,cottage cheese we put what ever we have. Can turn into a full meal deal.

• IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Couple shakes of pepper is all I add.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,612 Member
    Options
    I mix in choc/peanut butter protein powder or pb2 and chia seeds.

Exactly the same but without the chia seeds.

Or I'll mix in some cinnamon and splenda.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I use it like a salad dressing - so chicken, cherry tomatoes and leaves of some sort...
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I like it for a light breakfast - cottage cheese spread on ryvita crackers with cherry tomatoes on top.
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup cottage cheese with egg whites for breakfast. Makes a creamy scramble and I add some veggies to it, too. Very filling and stays with you all morning!
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    All great ideas thank you! Do y'all get fat free or full/low fat? I don't really know anything about what is best in regard to that.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sweet - usually fruit, fruit preserve, prunes or protein powder
    Savoury - salsa, chili, chives, tuna, chicken, turkey, chopped veggies, tomatoes and watercress. I also add seasoning such as ranch and use as a dip.
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like garlic powder, pepper and a little salt. I usually do low fat because cows milk has a lot of saturated fat (a bad fat) and I am trying not to eat too much of them.
  • bspanther71
    bspanther71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    chopped celery and tomatoes, sprinkled with a little pepper.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I buy low fat, just the Woolworths home brand, it's pretty good.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »
    All great ideas thank you! Do y'all get fat free or full/low fat? I don't really know anything about what is best in regard to that.

It depends on your calorie/macro needs. If you're not getting enough fat from other sources, go regular. I've found the low-fat version (2%) is the best mix of calories/macros/taste for me.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    A few kalamatta olives and some pepper.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Plain with baked potatoe
    Plain with roasted almonds
    Plain with corn tortilla
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »

I get the 1% just because I like to save my fat calories for other things. Cottage cheese on a baked sweet potato with black beans and salsa is a great and not too heavy dinner.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I love to take 3/4-1 cup of cottage cheese + 1 scoop of a good tasting vanilla protein (I prefer PEScience) + 1/2 cup crushed pineapple. Mix it all together and eat right away or refrigerate overnight. Sweet, creamy, and full of protein. It's a great post-workout snack/meal too.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Lately for protein boost been mixing Fat free cottage cheese w/Chobani Lemon yogurt & a dab of my homemade sour cherry jam. Very filling. Hits the protein (24gm) & takes care of the sweet, too. (I eat fat free CC cuz I'd rather eat salmon or butter for my fats).