Easter Bloat (in a picture)

Options
257_Lag
257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
Hello all! Daily weigher and charter here down 60 lbs overall. Yesterday was a killer sodium day and wanted to share it with anyone that might be in the same boat today. Experience has shown me (this happens after Chinese food as well) that drinking lots of water and seeking out potassium rich foods will make this bump disappear in 2 or 3 days. It is not a 4.5 lb fat gain :)

y7fjk3nz0my6.jpg

Replies

• Hawtcookies
    Hawtcookies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is really good to see! Just posting here to show another side to the story. 3-4 days may not be true for some. I had a few big food days last weekend and I'm still up 4 pounds. So that's more than a week so far. I'm still hoping it is water retention somehow, because overeating enough to gain 4 pounds in 3 days is a lot. So yeah...
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A picture paints a thousand words! Very interesting, thanks. I have a small up today after a bad sodium day (popcorn movie treat having avoided chocolate). All within calories, just high salt.

Onto the bananas today then! :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm renaming my Easter diary, "An Ode To Sodium and Chocolate". Up 2 lbs today from water weight but totally expected and will be gone by mid week I would imagine.

The visual should help those who weren't expecting it though, so good job OP!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I was totally craving a banana this morning anyway. :D
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yea I was up about 3ish lbs this morning from yesterday and my TOM is right around the corner fun fun!
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My weight Went up about 3.5 pounds so yeah I'm the same boat as you. Now I don't feel that bad
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is encouraging. I was still down .8lbs from last week- eating VERY close to maintenance all week AND had a huge meal last night and more sodium this weekend than my log will track. So looking forward to next Monday's weigh in!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I haven't checked my weight yet, even when I got well over 6,000mg of sodium. I think I might actually be around the same weight (the high amount of fat and 68g of fiber I had yesterday really helped to speed things up GI-wise).

I got a ton of leftover ham. I'm getting excited thinking of all the fun stuff I can make with it and the leftover hardboiled eggs (chef salads, ham fried cauliflower rice, ham and pickle rollups... yum), and I have given up all hopes of my sodium being under 2300mg per day for the rest of the week.

Edit: I'm up about 4lbs also. I also completely lost my appetite, so today might end up being one of those low-calorie days (I already ate my normal 450ish calorie breakfast and feel sick to my stomach). On the bright side, I got close to 15,000 steps in the five hours that I've been awake.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm up 4 pounds and I'm so bloated today. I didn't log, but ate modest portions of dinner (and maybe a whole lot of jelly beans, lol). Plus, it was very sodium laden food. I've been at this long enough to know that it is just extra water and will be gone in 2 days or so. I'm totally taking advantage of this extra fuel and glycogen and hiking today.
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was expecting a picture of a bloated tummy LOL