Moms with open diaries eating 1200 calories

Options
Hey! I'm looking to add some more friends, particularly busy moms who are eating around 1200 calories a day, that have open food diaries. I'd like to get some more ideas on what I can cook for my kids and I that won't throw me overboard on my calories. Also, to see what kind of foods you're snacking on throughout the day to keep your hunger at bay. Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm not eating 1200 calories per day, so my diary won't really be of much help. You should check out skinnytaste.com. The recipes are great and I haven't had any problems getting my kids to eat the recipes I've tried. The Chicken Taco Chili is a favorite in my house and it makes enough that I'm able to freeze single portions for quick meals later in the week.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you @shadow2soul ! I'll check it out :smile:
  • mcesira
    mcesira Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a little more than 1200, but you're free to add me on. I'm a mom to 4 young ones & I agree it's a completely additional challenge with the young ones to care for. Also, I agree with shadow2soul, skinny taste is a super resource! Best wishes to you!
  • MTgal477
    Options
    Ok, I'll add you @mcesira , thanks! I can still maybe get some ideas from what you're eating, and incorporate them into my stuff and make it work.
  • Linziyo
    Linziyo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be friends. I'm a mom of 2 and have my calories set to 1400 (although I usually only end up with about 12). Best of luck to you!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm at 1200 calories per day but I don't always track my whole day. I also don't eat what my children and husband eat (we have 5 kids, 3 live here still). I make myself something completely different 99% of the time so I may not be any help.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Here are some things I will snack on (not all in one day, lol) -

banana
    grapes
    1 ounce chips
    shelled peanuts (.5-1 ounce per day)
    jello cup
    applesauce cup
    cheese slice
    1 snackwells devils food cookie per day to feed that chocolate craving
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on 1200 and I eat normal food as I have a husband and two kids who aren't on a diet! My diary is open to friends.
  • MTgal477
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I've sent some friend requests!
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm also a mom shooting for 1200 calories a day, but my daughter is about to turn 2, so right now, she eats what we eat most of the time (at least for dinner), and doesn't protest too much. My diary is public, but feel free to add me.
  • katiehaley23
    katiehaley23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 20 month old. I usually eat 1200-1600 calls a day. Feel free to add me!
  • MTgal477
    Options
    Thanks @LuckyNumbers and @katiehaley23 , sending requests! My kids are 4 & 6 and are picky, picky eaters! I try to get them to eat what I make, but they usually don't like it.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have 3 youngin's. And I too have a hard time, this sure will help. Trying to stick to 1200.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    @mntnwmn477 how tall are you and how much weight do you want to lose? Unless you are short, 1200 could be an overly aggressive goal. Lots of women get 1200 fixed into their brain when they could easily eat more and still lose weight.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I normally pick a lean meat that my entire family likes with a less healthy side and a healthy side. Kind of a good balance. I sent you a request. Also I make their favorites lighter. Like substituting half of potatoes with cauliflower for mashed potatoes. 2 percent cheese instead of full fat, etc.
  • jaxgirl001
    jaxgirl001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am only on day 5...but need some motivation to start my diary.
  • MTgal477
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @mntnwmn477 how tall are you and how much weight do you want to lose? Unless you are short, 1200 could be an overly aggressive goal. Lots of women get 1200 fixed into their brain when they could easily eat more and still lose weight.

@kshama2001 I'm about 5'2" and started at 196 lbs and I'm currently 170....trying to get to around 130. MFP is what set my calories to 1200 because I wanted to lose about 2 pounds a week....I was on 1350 for a while, but the loss just felt so slow and I'm trying to "speed it up" a bit, that's why I adjusted it. And I don't get hungry, 1200 seems to be ok for me, I just like to know what kind of variety of foods I can eat that are lower in calories all that I can eat here and there without going over...I'm a snacker :/ lol.
  • MTgal477
    Options
    I just added you @jaxgirl001
  • jaxgirl001
    jaxgirl001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be. The only meal I eat with my kids is dinner. And I rarely snack. But go ahead and take a look :)