Need an activity tracker

Options
ehat does everyone use. I want one that I can set a step goal and monitor sleep. I think it will help me to reach my step goal as I won't sleep till I have reached it. Looking at under £100

Replies

• MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's a little short of $150 usd, right? There are several Fitbits at or below that price point. I have a ChargeHR and it was $150usd, but they have some as low at $60 usd
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I purchased the JawBone UPmove. It is the most basic name brand activity/sleep tracker I could find. It retails for $50USD but I found them on Amazon for half that. I love it. It can be worn as a clip or on a wrist band. Some of the wrist bands look like a piece of jewelry.
    I have had it for right a month and basically have learned I am entirely too inactive during the day to warrant the amount of food I eat.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Charge HR fitbit
  • ShanghaiJoe
    ShanghaiJoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Vivoactive as a watch/activity tracker/GPS and more. I think it's great and worth keeping in mind but at £150 it'll blow your budget.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I love my Misfit Shine. It was $50USD. Tracks movement and sleep well. I sync it to my phone. I don't have my synced to MFP but I believe you can. What I like about it over the Fitbits is it is battery operated on a common size battery (2032) that lasts a really long time (and it tracks the battery life for you). I did not want to have to charge a Fitbit (or other) at all (because it meant taking it off for a period of time). Been very very happy with this thing!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fitbit flex any good as a starter piece of kit.
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Personally, I thought the FitBit technology was really lacking. It was calculating my driving as steps! If you are wanting to get a more accurate read on your calorie expenditure, the only way to do this with accuracy is with a heart rate monitor that goes around your chest. I have the Wahoo and it was about $50. Worked great! If you are someone that does more than just cardio, I recommend an Apple Watch. I know it is outside of your budget but that has been the best activity tracker I have tried. It has a HRM but it's still not quite as accurate as a chest one.