• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    yes.

edit : they have to be given as close to 24 hour intervals as possible
  • Sleevemomma
    Sleevemomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YES YOU DO EVERY MORNING! BUT YOU DO SKIP A SHOT EITHER ON THE 5TH OR 7TH DAY...AND YOU DON'T TAKE THE SHOT DURING YOUR MENSTRATION BUT STICK TO YOU DIET PLAN.
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    Yes, every morning, around the same time. except at the time of your period.
  • Laurelee
    Laurelee Posts: 5
    Options
    Why is it wrong to use "diet pills" with the HCG?
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am confused why people want to resort to this diet. Are you trying to get thin fast? Do you intend to stay thin? I really just don't get it. Enlighten me.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i've seen a lot of posts about this... does the HCG hormone help you lose weight? what is it... i thought it was a pregnancy hormone but it helps you lose weight?
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What is this HCG ?
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Many of us on HCG have tried many, many other things first. After finishing the whole process, you hypothalamus is suppose to reset. I'm not that far yet, I don't know. I do know after two weeks on HCG, my doctor took my off my blood pressure meds of 11 yrs. I lost 39 lbs since I've been on the protocal.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My sister did this diet for a while and, from what I understand, your calories are very restricted in the beginning (much less than 1200 a day). Obviously, if your calories are that restricted, you're going to lose weight. She did lose a lot of weight fairly quickly, but now she has loose, hanging skin and has just started excercising to try to reverse that.

I've lost 25lbs in the past 4+ months and I do not have any hanging skin. I'm very much an instant gratification person, but after seeing my sister's results, I'm sticking with the "slow and steady wins the race" philosophy. I'd much rather take a little longer to reach my goal weight and have my body bounce back than have a lot of extra skin to deal with.
  • ddree
    ddree Posts: 7
    Options
    Tothose on HCG where did you get it from? I have read about it but it seems that it is not available in the states, unless i overlooked something. :wink:
  • klabeau
    Options
    Well, I can tell you for me, I don't have any hanging or lose skin after my 39 lb weight loss. Guess I'm lucky! I buy my locally. She has a website www.hcgishere.com
  • ddree
    ddree Posts: 7
    Options
    klabeau, I just did a search and there is some sold at GNC is that the same? is it in pill form or drops? I am interested and have been for a few weeks.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So if you are adding a pregnancy hormone to your body does it make you feel prego??? I hate being pregnant...all i do is throw up! lol
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    My sister did this diet for a while and, from what I understand, your calories are very restricted in the beginning (much less than 1200 a day). Obviously, if your calories are that restricted, you're going to lose weight. She did lose a lot of weight fairly quickly, but now she has loose, hanging skin and has just started excercising to try to reverse that.

I've lost 25lbs in the past 4+ months and I do not have any hanging skin. I'm very much an instant gratification person, but after seeing my sister's results, I'm sticking with the "slow and steady wins the race" philosophy. I'd much rather take a little longer to reach my goal weight and have my body bounce back than have a lot of extra skin to deal with.

The thing is, you don't get hungry if you are on the right dose. Infact, you feel great. Therefore, your body doesn't realize you're not eating.
  • ar1356
    ar1356 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i've seen a lot of posts about this... does the HCG hormone help you lose weight? what is it... i thought it was a pregnancy hormone but it helps you lose weight?

The HCG is a hormone pregnant women produce that allow them to access fat store to use as enery. When you are not pregnant you no longer have that access and with a diet this low in calories it would be dangerous because you would be burning muscle rather than fat. If monitored closely HCG is effective and safe.
  • nurseheatherb09
    Options
    Ive done the HCG diet. Here is how it works:
    you take shots or sublingual drops of low dose HCG. then you follow a 500 calorie diet. while some reports say that it is safe with the hormones and your not hungry others say that the weight loss is based soley on the very low calorie intake. I didnt feel terrible but I didnt feel great. I did lose 25 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. im not sure how much was water or how much was fat but I lost it. however I gained 15 back within a month. Ive recently just started eating healthier and hitting the gym everyday and although Im not losing 2-3 pounds a day I feel fantastic. If youre looking for something for short term weight loss it will work, how safe it is is very controversal. I suggest that if you dont feel good stop. and diet and excercise are the only way to long term healthy weight loss. good luck
  • klabeau
    Options
    No, I've heard it's not the same. Walgreens even carries them. I can give you the person that I get mine from. She is local in my area. I wanted to try it for a year before I did it. Just didn't trust ordering on line. Here is the web address of the lady I order from. www.hcgishere.com
  • klabeau
    Options
    nurseheather09, so you followed the program for six weeks after you finished the drops and 500 cals? the 500's is only the first part of the diet. and then the rule after one finishes is no carbs or sugar in the same meal. and portion control.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options