Looking for overeating support buddy....

Options
ThinkShortsAndTank
ThinkShortsAndTank Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
I have a big problem with overeating. I'm walking a lot (it's what I can do right now) so that's great! But I pig pig pig and then I get mad at myself and pig some more! Help! Anyone want to help each other out?

Replies

• mlstaubin
    mlstaubin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hey girl! I know this struggle all too well. I will inbox you! Let's connect!
  • erinDlop
    erinDlop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all that. I'd love to give and receive support for this!
  • tjsloff
    tjsloff Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have trouble with this too. I just bought a big back of baby carrots to eat when I'm really hungry (usually at night after my workout)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain sista friend. Been there, done that, laced up the Nike's and hit the treadmill for it. LETS DO THIS!!!
  • hdrj22078
    hdrj22078 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I always cook large meals and then feel bad tossing out the leftovers. So then I eat extra. I will not normally reheat anything. So I completely understand.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Your post caught my attention. I can relate to what you and the others on the post are saying. The last few months have been a real struggle for me to maintain the earlier success I've had on MFP, and to complete my daily tracking, to eat properly (and not pig out!) and to exercise regularly. Easter weekend was a total health and fitness disaster for me, and I ate and drank way too much.

I'm attempting to make a course correction. I'm tracking again (I'm on day 2) and I'm making time tonight to get to the gym and do some weight lifting.
  • ThinkShortsAndTank
    ThinkShortsAndTank Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Glad to hear from you all. I'm still struggling. I'm doing nutrisystem just cause I hate having to think about cooking and such. But I think the carbs are killing me.

I'm thinking of just hitting the grocery store every couple of days and buying some pre made salad. Or fixing salads for the week in Tupperware. I'm hating myself this week.
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with over eating, mindless eating, emotional eating. Always happy to support others who struggle with the same :)
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to have that prob bad. I would just eat until I was miserable. Especially if the food was really good and if it was fries or potatoes. I didn't want to toss it.

I'm going to tell you that it's a really really hard habit to break. Their are some tricks you can do that will help.

First and for most only prepare enough for a single serving. If you cook a lot of food, you will have that anxiety about the leftovers. Don't do that to yourself. But if you have to cook a lot of food each meal, as soon as you finish preparing your portion, put the rest in Tupperware and put it in the fridge. It will make it less easy to go back for seconds.

Second, only fix ONE serving for yourself. You don't have to load your plate up. One scoop of veggies or carbs. One piece of meat and then that's it.

Third, make sure you have a full glass of water. Drinking water (with or without a flavor pack) will help give you the full feeling.

Fourth, if you finish your food, wait about 10 to 15 mins and if you are still hungry drink a glass of water. Then if you still feel hungry, have another serving. Key word is hungry not full. If you eat til your full you have over eaten.

And finally, invest in smaller plates. Most people have the 14-16 inch plates. Filling that plate up is a lot of food. Order some 10-12 inch plate settings so you will still have the mental picture of a full plate but with less food.

I'm here to help, add me as a friend.
  • joujito556
    joujito556 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is so true, especially for plate size and putting the extra food in fridge instead of leaving it in a reachable places.

I have been there and still fall into it but less often. My trick was tracking my diary to see when was these falls happening.
    It was while preparing lunch boxes for the children. I used to eat anything mindlessly. To break this habit I did something really Silly but luckily worked for me. I used disposable mouth masks while preparing the boxes. This gave me a second or two to Think before tossing food into my mouth. I only use it if i feel like losing it. I keep it handy though just in case needed.

Another hint is not buying unhealthy snacks. Also try to hide the snacks that are higher in calories at the back (Not on the countertop); make the healthiest more reachable....

Finally, keep fresh vegetables and fruits washed and ready to eat. If you do not have time to wash and cut veggies, then buy them in pre-washed bags. Its more expensive but if you think about it it keeps you full and healthy.

Hope this is helpful, if you need more support just add me as a friend
  • heathert76
    heathert76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a TON of water when you're hungry! I do this (add a little Mio for flavoring) and instantly I'm not hungry. You might just be dehydrated, especially after a work out. Increase your water consumption and you'll be amazed at how it will curb your cravings