12 lbs in 7 weeks possible?

Options
Have a wedding to attend in 7 weeks and would like to lose 10-12 lbs before then. Is that a healthy time frame and wt loss?
Any tips and suggestions on how to get there would also be great!
I usually do a 30min woekout dvd in the am then do treadmill at night (fast pace walking) for 30-60 min.
Diet is a struggle but plan on cleaning it up immensely

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you realistically have to lose? Are you within a healthy weight range now, or are you overweight?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no it's not healthy unless you are at least 75lbs overweight.

you can do it but at what cost?
  • skuda
    skuda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Totally possible I've found its more about what you eat than it is about working out. Instead of walking trying doing tabata it'll help drop weight faster and tone yourself up.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    skuda wrote: »
    Totally possible I've found its more about what you eat than it is about working out. Instead of walking trying doing tabata it'll help drop weight faster and tone yourself up.

Yah no @skuda it's about how much you eat not what you eat.

And if it's about calories then why suggest a different workout?

Tone? that is a fitness myth
    Muscle tone
    Also termed tonus; the normal state of balanced tension in the tissues of the body, especially the muscles.

Muscle tone is already there it's not something you can "achieve" by doing exercise.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you realistically have to lose? Are you within a healthy weight range now, or are you overweight?
    I would say I am overweight. Not anything drastic though. Over all goal is to lose 30 lbs and that would put me in the 130s
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Katie_Y89 wrote: »
    I would say I am overweight. Not anything drastic though. Over all goal is to lose 30 lbs and that would put me in the 130s

Then losing 2lbs a week is a smidge ambitious
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    7lbs would likely be a more realistic goal, although you may lose some water weight if you are just starting out. Put your stats into MFP and make sure you log accurately. Set your goal for 1lb/week, and see where you get. Don't set expectations, and just see where you get. Logging accurately and adding in some exercise will make you healthier by the time you get to your wedding if nothing else.
  • Katie_Y89
    Options

Would 1.5 lb be achievable? Yes it's only 0.5lb less but could that make a difference?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Would 1.5 lb be achievable? Yes it's only 0.5lb less but could that make a difference?

Why would losing 7 lbs be so bad?
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old you are, but when I was in my early twenties I easily lost 10 lbs in a month- I was eating 1200 calories a day and doing 30-40 minutes on the elliptical most days. I went from 127 to 117. Nowadays I eat 1600 calories a day and lost 6 lbs in the last month with exercise dvd's and running 3x a week. I'm 5'3.
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    7lbs would likely be a more realistic goal, although you may lose some water weight if you are just starting out. Put your stats into MFP and make sure you log accurately. Set your goal for 1lb/week, and see where you get. Don't set expectations, and just see where you get. Logging accurately and adding in some exercise will make you healthier by the time you get to your wedding if nothing else.
    Can definitely expect water loss. Have been very bloated from drinking pop the past few days
  • Katie_Y89
    Options
    spcmartinm wrote: »
    I don't know how old you are, but when I was in my early twenties I easily lost 10 lbs in a month- I was eating 1200 calories a day and doing 30-40 minutes on the elliptical most days. I went from 127 to 117. Nowadays I eat 1600 calories a day and lost 6 lbs in the last month with exercise dvd's and running 3x a week. I'm 5'3.
    27 and 5'3 as well
  • Katie_Y89
    Options

It wouldn't be, just was hoping to get to 155 for the event. I'd be happy with 7-10 but 155 is burned into my brain lol
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Try your best and see where you get!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

It wouldn't be, just was hoping to get to 155 for the event. I'd be happy with 7-10 but 155 is burned into my brain lol

Focus on the scales too much and they're guaranteed to *kitten* you over!
  • sdeeb1950
    sdeeb1950 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally possible if you do a 9 day Isagenix cleanse - I lost 7 lbs in 9 days and it is very healthy. Spendy but worth it. I love their greens and Ionix Supreme. You can actually drink their greens with just water and it doesn't taste bad like most do. Yes, I am an associate, but NO I'm not trying to get you to sign up under me. Just something that has worked for me the last couple of years. I am an associate only because I can get it at wholesale and I love their products.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It's entirely possible to lose 10 pounds in 7 weeks. You have to stay committed to weighing, measuring, logging, and staying within your calorie budget, however.
  • Katie_Y89
    Options

Yeah :/ have learned that but it's hard to give up lol!!
    It's a frienemy!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes. You'll have to be very diligent with your intake, though. Log accurately, avoid "cheat" days and meals, and stick with the goal MFP gives you.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yeah :/ have learned that but it's hard to give up lol!!
    It's a frienemy!

You know what I'd do?

Aim to lose half a stone, buy a gorgeous new dress that's super flattering (and some shapewear underwear if you want) for the wedding, and enjoy yourself!