Day 23...Need friends and support please :)

greeneyedellen
greeneyedellen Posts: 16 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I am on Day 23 with MFP. I am doing well, but we are getting into the heart of summer with BBQs, wine and overall temptation so I am worried about straying. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so this is going to take a while. I would love some friends for support/advice and vice versa. Thanks!

Replies

• Nomarfan
    Nomarfan Posts: 36
    HI! I am only on day 2 and I feel your pain! We can do this! A friend of mine just told me that I should change my picture to something that is inspiring, so I chose Jennifer Aniston. I really want her arms and legs...
    Thats my life lesson for the day!
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    I just picked up a cookbook at the library by Hungry Girl - has some great picnic/party recipes - no guilt involved. And most folks wont even know the food is good for them - now that is sneaky. Go ahead - pull out the good stuff. Enjoy it.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    I am on Day 23 with MFP. I am doing well, but we are getting into the heart of summer with BBQs, wine and overall temptation so I am worried about straying. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so this is going to take a while. I would love some friends for support/advice and vice versa. Thanks!

Feel Free to add me if you like.. I could never have to many MFP friends, after all they are my main supporters on my weightloss Journey..:smile:
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome to life! We are always tempted and I've found no way around it. Your determination to lose weight will help you with that temptation. Nothing should be off limits. Portion control is key. Good luck and you can do this.
  • ressa8
    ressa8 Posts: 60
    Hi,

I need to lose a lot of weight too. Some days it can be a struggle, but I find if you take it one day at a time it helps. Don't get overwhelmed with the "big picture"!! We are all here to support each other.:)
  • ....awesome job on keeping it up...!!!...feel free to add....
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    This site is so great & supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Just make good food choices and if you have to bring your own healthy dish with you that you can share and also eat lots of if the other options are to fatty or high in calories. Wine is a great choice less than 100 calories for 4oz to 6 oz. Also since it is BBQ season that means you are outside take advantage of that and play some frisbee or ball for an hour or so it burns a lot of a calories.
This discussion has been closed.