Totally down on myself

Options
So...I have been doing awesome....lost 21 lbs in 60 day.... and even had a few cheat days like on day 20 I had 2 slices of ABC pizza... but the last 2 days I have gained 4 & 6 lbs. I have been staying around 1200-1500 calories. I haven't really done anything different that I hadn't already done since starting. My husband started with me (yes I know men & women burn different) and he usually eat 25-50% more than me even though he is 75 lbs smaller and has fewer calories to consume than me. He also eats the max amount of calories or goes over and still loses. It's hard not to feel discouraged!? He tells me it's water weight but if we are eating the same foods and he is eating more (therefore consuming more sodium)...I drink more water than him he drinks diet soda....WHY IS HE STILL LOSING & I'M GAINING??

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Reasons:
    You've been doing awesome.
    You are female & he is male.
    You have different bodies.
    You can't compare yourself to him.
    You know it's water weight, it's not fat and means nothing.
    You're lucky to have a supportive hubby who is doing this with you.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Agree w the post above!
    My husband loses weight when he doesn't even try and I'm counting every calorie lol!
    Don't compare and don't feel discouraged.
    Losing 20lbs is a huge accomplishment, congrats. Don't let it stop you and focus on the positive.
    You're doing great.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Diet soda vs water has nothing to do with weightloss.
  • AmyMahan2016
    AmyMahan2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I heard diet soda well the artificial sugars wasn't good for you. I stick to water or green tea with raw honey & lemon juice. So diet soda will not affect my weight loss goal?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    aimeeyancy wrote: »
    So...I have been doing awesome....lost 21 lbs in 60 day.... and even had a few cheat days like on day 20 I had 2 slices of ABC pizza... but the last 2 days I have gained 4 & 6 lbs. I have been staying around 1200-1500 calories. I haven't really done anything different that I hadn't already done since starting. My husband started with me (yes I know men & women burn different) and he usually eat 25-50% more than me even though he is 75 lbs smaller and has fewer calories to consume than me. He also eats the max amount of calories or goes over and still loses. It's hard not to feel discouraged!? He tells me it's water weight but if we are eating the same foods and he is eating more (therefore consuming more sodium)...I drink more water than him he drinks diet soda....WHY IS HE STILL LOSING & I'M GAINING??

Because he is eating at a calorie deficit and you mostly likely are not.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    aimeeyancy wrote: »

Because he is eating at a calorie deficit and you mostly likely are not.

I love how people automatically assume the reason is eating too much. That was an ignorant thing to say seeing how great her progress has been. Never compare your progress to a man's. They lose weight much faster and don't have a lot of the hormonal issues women have to deal with. Keep up the good work!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    you need to re-read the first thing you wrote. then re-read it again. then again and again and again until it sinks in - you are doing awesome!

there will be days when you feel like it's just not working. on those days, you need to refer back to the above statement!

keep at it Tiger, you're kicking goals.

and stop comparing yourself to your husband - he's your teammate, not your opponent :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    The op also needs to reread where she said she gained 10 lbs in 2 days. That's impossible. You'd have had to have eaten 35000 calories over maintenance.

I'm going with too much sodium or TOM.

I'm also going with weigh yourself only once a week or, if you feel the need to weigh yourself every day, use an app like trend weight to see how you're still losing.

• noon1200
    noon1200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    last 2 days I have gained 4 & 6 lbs

Unless you ate 21,000 calories over maintenance, you didn't gain 6 pounds, so don't worry about it.

There are a million potential reasons why your husband might have lost more weight than you, but it doesn't affect your own weight loss, which as you said, has been going awesome, so don't worry about it.
  • AmyMahan2016
    AmyMahan2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all for the kind words and encouragement....yes today I lost 6 of those pounds...its water weight I come to realize but is it still kind of discouraging that one person can eat 1 item that is high in sodium and gain 10 lbs of water weight while another person eat 3x the amount of high sodium food and only gain a half a pound....but that's okay I'm moving on just sucks :neutral:
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work - you're doing great!