Starting Over....yet again! Determined!

Options
Hi everyone! I've put this off way too long. I'm 42 and at my heaviest. I don't want another birthday to come and feel so disappointed with myself. My son and I are both in this together this time and we're both very motivated and determined! The trick is finding a way to continue being determined and stay on track long term.

Replies

• phatphree
    phatphree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you can and will do it!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost over 50 pounds like three years ago and looked and felt great... and then I got lazy... it all came back, every single pound. Good luck!
  • dsmom2002
    dsmom2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I understand where you are!
  • lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add me!! We can do this...TOGETHER!
  • jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi SAME BOAT. Starting over for the last time! I am determined
  • jan1208
    jan1208 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad you have a close person to help you along - just don't let each other side track each other if one of you is having a bad food/exercise day! Whenever your birthday comes around, just remember that any loss is an accomplishment and making positive food changes, even if it doesn't mean a huge weight loss, is a wonderful step in the right direction! Feel free to add me if you want someone to congratulate you on your achievements and to motivate you to keep going! You got this!
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have started over so many times. Again about 5 weeks ago. This time I am seeing results pretty quickly and I am finally getting it in my head what I have to do to lose. I understand where you are coming from, congrats on making the decision and good luck!
  • swimwaters1
    swimwaters1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Although I have lost weight successfully several times before, THIS time, I am having the same problem. Multiple first steps, but weakening after a week or two. My conclusion: success can't be due to sheer willpower. A couple of my thoughts about how to stick with it THIS time. (1) Find a few tasty recipes that without sugar, refined carbs, etc. Eating a good meal makes the calorie restriction a lot more bearable. (2) Do something different this time -- namely, keep an electronic food and exercise diary.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Remember it's a marathon and not a sprint. Give yourself plenty of satiating fats and proteins to avoid feeling empty or deprived. That's what works for me :) going strong after 7 months having lost 41lbs and never feeling like I am missing out. Fill up on all the nourishing foods and then there is less room for the crap. I would recommend not going below 1500 calories too often (unless you are very tiny). You will lose but at a rate that is sustainable and will keep you sane!! xxx