powleynaomi Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Just looking for weight loss advice

Replies

• davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

Start by setting up your account with your information and it will let you know the calories you should take in daily, be accountable with your entries, make some friends so they can cheer you along as well. Set realistic goals so you don't get down.

Are you going to exercise as well?

This is a very good community that will help push you along.

All the best!
    David
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread that has a lot of stickies that will be very helpful: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

Good luck!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Try eat as healthy as you can most the time but have treats.

Drink water it flushes rubbish out and is good for you.

Weigh measure everything by scales and measuring jugs.

Find the right calorie allowance healthyeater.com
    Calculator is good
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Step one: figure out how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight. Step two: reduce those daily calories by 500 to create a deficit. Step three: Accept that the deficit not only includes less calories but also earning exercise calories. Step four: make a eating and exercise plan for each day and follow said plan Step five: be patient and follow plan and weigh yourself once a week. While doing this "plan of action" keep trying to add in new foods and exercises to keep it nonboring. Measure and weigh everything you eat. Drink lots of water. Again: Be patient and repeat to yourself: "Just for today, I will" and "Only track, eat right and exercise on the days I want to lose". You got this!!!
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    And forgive yourself. You're going to have imperfect days, just log the food and move on. Don't get stuck on the scale numbers everyday. Give yourself the mental space to fluctuate. Keep a chart to show trends or weigh yourself once a week only. Get a food scale, learn how to use it and use it for everything.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    OK, maintain a deficit, and keep carbs under 100 grams/day.
  • powleynaomi
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!
  • powleynaomi
    Options
    If i keep eating like i have been i will have lost 17 pounds in five weeks, thats qith out logging exersise and still having one sweet a day. I drink 80 or more ounces of water every day i also dont log