worried about saggy skin!

Options
Hi Im only 22 and my start weight was 245lbs my overall goal weight is 140lbs has anyone experienced any problems after loosing that much weight?

Replies

• limestang
    limestang Posts: 24
    Options
    I would like to know the same thing. My starting weight was269.8 and i'm down to 210.7 and I want to get to 130 or 140 but i'm really worried about saggy skin and what you can do about it besides surgery because i'm pretty sure that's out of the question.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    unfortunately yes.... :ohwell:

though i went from 360 to 170. i just keep telling myself will go away or at least get better over time and if it comes down to it, consider having it removed. though i am curious about this as well because everyone I've talked to says it will go away because I'm young
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    At your age, your chances are real good that your skin will "bounce back"--hard to say, though. I'm 60 and skin that sags will remain skin that sags, like a stretched out balloon, but then again, at my age, I don't care! LOL I wouldn't worry about that now, focus on your new eating skills, make them habits, and think about your good health. Best wishes to you.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Loose SLOWLY!! no more than 1lb a week ..give the skin time to gently go back to its self....the younger you are tyhe better..but even in my 40's I have great skin and am now trying to slow down on the weigh loss speed...(You will probably have stretch marks if you gained it fast so use the same stuff you used for them...xxxx
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 203 to 152 and so far my skin seems to be relatively sag free! I think you need to make sure you lose weight slowly and do lots of exercise to keep it toned - good luck :smile:
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about this topic as well. From what I've read from other post threads is that it really just depends on the person. But the best way (that I've been told thus far) is to lose the weight slowly, drink water and exercise. :-)
  • thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm also worried about that since I'm at 308 and have about 143 to lose!
    A quick google search showed me that the other replies are good: Lose the weight slowly, drink plenty of water, do resistance training.
    Also moisturize day and night! I have to start doing that as I have very dry skin and really don't want to end up like a Sharpe puppy :laugh:
  • starzluv94
    starzluv94 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Im only 22 and my start weight was 245lbs my overall goal weight is 140lbs has anyone experienced any problems after loosing that much weight?

You are young and still have good levels of collagen (the stuff that gives your skin the 'tightness') it make take some time after loosing the wieght especially if it melts off to quickly and your skin doesnt have time to shrink with you. But either way it will.
  • Sarahcuda
    Sarahcuda Posts: 76
    Options
    I wrote an article about my fears of saggy skin. You might find it helpful.
    My brother lost about 100lbs 9 years ago and still has saggy skin. My fiance lost 70 lbs but by doing weight training he eliminated all saggy skin, you'd never know he was overweight.

Hope this helps : )
    My article: http://thesarahcudadietchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/01/weight-loss-fear-1.html