100 pounds in a year

Options
hdatres
hdatres Posts: 635 Member
I just started this weight-loss thing. Is it possible to lose 100 pounds in a year or is this goal unreasonable?

Replies

• classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That is fine only 2 lbs per week. Good for you.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be done, I have done it before and am now in process of doing it again.
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Thank you for the inspiration
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 lbs in a year too! I get married in April 2017! Even after I lose 100, Ill still have 50 more to go so I think it's doable to stay at 2 lbs a week for a year. I am trying to cut down on sweets and alcohol, count calories and jog 30 minutes a day. Are you doing anything special for your year?
  • tlpierson1542
    tlpierson1542 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really need to lose 100 pounds in a year. I didn't think if it as 2 pounds a week. I think I can do this as well!
  • jonnucke
    jonnucke Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the same Goal! I have lost more while in the military but since being out have sedentary. time to get back on the horse!
  • Zaysgrandma
    Zaysgrandma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, today is the beginning of a new lifestyle for me. I also need to lose 90 pounds. I lost ten pounds since February. So it will be one hundred total. I had a shock going to hospital yesterday to have a test to make sure my heart was okay. I was terrified when I was there and it has helped to motivate me to really do this for my health. Two people didn't make it when I was there. It is a reality check for me. I don't want to lose my family or have them lose me. I want to do whatever it takes. I can walk now. Exercises can start next week as I'm not to do anything but rest after the test. I am so happy my dietician told me about this site. Good Luck everyone!
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My goal is 170, and to lose as much of that in a year as I can healthfully lose, so I'm in it for the long haul. You can do this!
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Definitely reasonable.

Listen, if you need help, I'm starting a Challenge Group soon. You pick your exercise/diet, but you'll have me and several others to help you along the way. Friend request and message me if you're interested.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, anyone could add me if theyd like.. it's gonna be quite a journey but we can all do it together!
  • Caligirl95076
    Caligirl95076 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. I believe it's possible. I'm trying to loose 80lbs this year with 2lbs off per week. I'm down 10lbs since i started on 02/22/16. You can add me if you'd like. I have an open food diary and i'd love to find new friends also with an open diary to get some food ideas! :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I won't say it isn't possible, but it will be some challenging work to stay focused, and weight loss tends to slow as you get closer to goal weight. You can certainly take a significant chunk out of that in a year, and be feeling amazing. Give it a go, but be open to the possibility you may not be able to fully reach it in that time frame. Either way the year will pass, may as well get closer to where you want to be.

There are some amazing resources available for reading on the forums. Check out the threads that are stickied to the top of the getting started and general diet forums. Lots of helpful information that has supported me along the way. I'm nearly half way to goal now. It's taken a while though due to various life circumstances that distracted me a few times along the way.

Best of luck!
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 lb goal. But that would put me pretty small so I'm sure it will take me longer than a year and I'm really not in a hurry. It's more important to me for it to work and last. But I do so understand wanting it to happen fast. I keep my diary open and wouldn't mind more friends if you all need some. I just started back this time on 2/29 and am down 12 pounds. I did lose 50 lbs here a few years ago but then I had a baby and kind of lost momentum. It's really not too hard once you get in the swing of things!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100 lbs since last March, but I also had and have a lot to lose. There have been periods when I gained in that year. I have managed to get back on track each time and I exercise faithfully 6 days a week.
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I lost 125lbs in year. Feel free to add me and ask questions.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was able to lose about 100 a few years back and then babies and life happened and I'm back doing it again. Add me if you're looking for support :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't, unless you have a lot to lose. Otherwise the closer to your goal weight the less you lose, also i hate setting dates, it never happens and just sets you up to let down. Just get started you didn't put 100 pounds on in a year it will take time. It took me 2 years and 9 months to lose 121 pounds and have kept it off now for 18 months.
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I wouldn't, unless you have a lot to lose. Otherwise the closer to your goal weight the less you lose, also i hate setting dates, it never happens and just sets you up to let down. Just get started you didn't put 100 pounds on in a year it will take time. It took me 2 years and 9 months to lose 121 pounds and have kept it off now for 18 months.

Fantastic job!! You're an inspiration!
  • kwilkins44
    kwilkins44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss in June of 2015. To date I have lost 62 pounds. Would like to get 70 off by my anniversary date in June.
  • findingmyway2fit
    findingmyway2fit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose a little over 100 pounds. Feel free to add me!