Turbo Fire 6/20 start vs Turbo Jam

Options
jrlenig
jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
So I did Turbo Jam for 3 months I saw a great deal of change in my core and upper body should I except more change with Turbo Fire like I would love to shed a little bit more weight...any tips or words of advice for TurboFire Program Alum?

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Eat, eat, eat....

Add in strength training too, this program is way too cardio heavy. I found myself burning off muscle instead of fat because you really need to eat more than you think to keep up this high level of cardio.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Actually... I was thinking of picking up TurboFire too. Anybody out there like it? How is it different from TurboJam? Is it worth the money, or should I stick to TurboJam?
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Eat, eat, eat....

Add in strength training too, this program is way too cardio heavy. I found myself burning off muscle instead of fat because you really need to eat more than you think to keep up this high level of cardio.

Yes, you really do need to eat more than you think with this. I"m doing it now with a little P90X.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Actually... I was thinking of picking up TurboFire too. Anybody out there like it? How is it different from TurboJam? Is it worth the money, or should I stick to TurboJam?

I love Turbo Fire, but you really have to know how to fuel your body for this program. It does require more food than normal in my opinion in order to lose weight. It is like Turbo Jam on steroids. Its FAST! When I first started it, I was overwhelmed by the speed, but she has a new to class break down which kinds of teaches what to do. I think if you've done Turbo Jam, the moves are gonna be easy for you. You'll just be doing them faster. I think its a great step up from Turbo Jam. You should give it a try.
  • jrlenig
    Options
    It is definitely more fast paced and today now that I "know" some the moves better my burn was higher than Monday ( I have a hrm). But it is definitely different than Turbo Jam, I say this because I am sore, and I went straight from Turbo Jam.

And ladies eat more what, fruits veggies, protein or carbs?
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    If you wanted to add weights there's a hybrid programe you can do which is Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme
  • jrlenig
    Options
    If you wanted to add weights there's a hybrid program you can do which is Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme

Am not really a fan of Chalean Extreme, but bigger than that I have extremely bad carpal tunnel syndrome and tried to add hand weights , and then the gloves to Turbo jam and the pain was unbearable...but thanks for the suggestion I was actually thinking about some ankle weights though think that may help with the Spartan race since I can't run up hill everyday...