Tricking my body???!

Options
Does it really matter what you eat, as long as you're staying within your calories for the day? For example, is it okay to have 2 slices of pizza as long as you don't go over for the day? Will you still loose weight? Just curious.

Replies

• Imbiutiful
    Imbiutiful Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump
  • Tajmommy12
    Tajmommy12 Posts: 10
    Options
    I"m sorry....but what does "bump" mean? I'm new to this site and I've seen a lot of people use that term.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    "Bump" means you're asking the same question. You'll still lose weight by eating pizza and staying under your calories. It just depends on how healthy you want to eat. You get a lot more food that way :)
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    "Bump" is a way of both adding a forum topic to your profile page (for later access) and keeping the topic "fresh" so it will get more views (and possibly more answers).
  • CrackerJack85
    CrackerJack85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I counted calories (I've been slacking for a little, trying to get back to it), but I ate whatever I wanted. I wasn't a health nut and ate salads every day and veggies all the time, if I wanted pizza for dinner I'd eat it, or a cookie or ice cream, spaghetti, I just made sure I was eating the right amount so that I wouldn't go over my calories and I lost weight. I counted for a few months and I'd say with in 2 months I was down 10-15 pounds even eating junk, just counted it in for the day!
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    There is no easy answer to your question.

In my opinion just eating less of unhealthy foods on a regular basis is not a good plan. Occasionally having a treat is fine and helps a lot of people stay on track with good eating plans. Basically, you don't have to eliminate pizza, but don't eat it several day or even several times a week.

I believe it absolutely does matter what you eat because losing weight is only a part of being a healthier person. Adding healthy foods (vegetables, lean proteins, fruits, whole grains) to your daily eating habits will not just help you lose weight, it will also (generally) make you feel better and provide a more productive "fuel" for your body.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Sure you can starve yourself for two pieces of pizza and then nothing the rest of the day and lose weight still. I would rather eat tasty healthy food and lots of it. :)
  • merew19
    merew19 Posts: 21
    Options
    The thing is, is that you should eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism going. So if your eating the junk food yet staying within your calories that may help you "maintain" your weight loss BUT no necessarily lose like you want. Because your using your calories on that pizza when you should be eating every 3 hours and keep those calories to a minimum for each "mini meal"
  • Tajmommy12
    Tajmommy12 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I was just curious.
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    I also have the foods I want, just in moderation. That is the good thing about this program - if you want to treat yourself to something special you can do so with adjusting the rest of the day to stay within your goal. I wouldn't want to do this everyday but definitely believe you don't have to eat salads and stuff for every meal. I have been doing the program for about 3 months now and have lost 20 pounds - and I still enjoy the foods I like - just not as often or as much.