Advice For Choosing Fitness Trackers

Options
I'm looking into buying a fitness tracker HR, I'm just not sure which one to go with, there are many options out there. Does anyone have a preference? Thank you.

Replies

• godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar Loop because it's waterproof. When I upgrade to one with a heart monitor, it will be another Polar wearable. It doesn't link with MFP, (unless you use Apple) but after hearing a friend's experience and some folks on here with other devices that do make adjustments, I have no interest in linking. I love my Polar Loop! I never have to take it off until I charge it.
  • nikkigarland79
    nikkigarland79 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a Jawbone Up, I really like the Smart Sleep alarm it has. It will wake you up after your last REM cycle before your scheduled alarm. I have notionally more energy. It DOES break a lot so if you choose Jawbone, get the extended warranty, you will use it! There is also a social platform to encourage your "team" on.

It does link with MFP and the MFP food app is better than the Jawbone so I use MFP and it ports over.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit HR and love it. It tracks very accurately and it links effortlessly to MFP. I haven't tried any others, but so far I really like this one.
  • christierenea
    christierenea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who took the time to respond.
  • mcsullie
    mcsullie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a Garmin Vivofit 2 and wear it all the time. It's waterproof and you don't have to charge it, it uses watch batteries. You can get a HR monitor for it. It links with MFP. There are also lot's of options for the wristbands so you can change the look. I've had it for a year now and am very happy with it.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I love my misfit shine. I never take it off. It's waterproof, I don't have to charge it, it seems far more accurate than my first tracker, synca to MFP and it's cute.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into buying a fitness tracker HR, I'm just not sure which one to go with, there are many options out there. Does anyone have a preference? Thank you.

Key point is that you understand what you want to gain from onr. All you're going to get otherwise is essentially a summary of what people have, rather than what's right for you
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Flash and absolutely love it, especially for the low price. It's awesome to start with and see how you like having a tracker without spending a lot of money. It tracks activity and sleep, plus it allows you to move it around on your body depending on what you do (so it's on my shoe when I'm on the stationary bike, on my wrist otherwise).
    I had the new Fitbit Blaze for exactly 24 hours before I returned it. It won't sync with certain phones, mine included, so what it did do was basically the same thing as my Misfit and I switched back. If you go with any fitbit, make SURE it will sync with your phone and save yourself some aggravation.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar A300 and I love it. I'll second what someone else said and say you should consider what you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay. I had a super cheap one before ($15 Pivotal Living Band) which has a lot of the really awesome features of the most expensive bands (e.g., smart alarm vibration, sleep tracking, step tracking across the day, display that showed time and steps and percent of customizable goal, even a stopwatch feature). I only upgraded because I wanted an accurate heart rate monitor with it that would take a beating/shower, and Polar seemed to be the best for that purpose. (Plus I had a Polar when it was just a watch and band, and loved that thing.). But, it doesn't sync with MFP and I can't join my friends' FitBit groups and challenges. I don't care much about that, personally, but if you do that might shift your calculus more towards another product. There's certainly plenty!