Make Yes Happen? Anyone tried this?

Options
It is a virtual race (I guess) where you log miles and it takes you through a course and you get a medal (?). Looks kind of cool-anyone tried it? Anyone interested in doing it with me?

Replies

• AmyJo0
    AmyJo0 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes just completed the All Roads Lead to Rome virtual race. Received email that my medal has been shipped.
  • firstnamerachel
    firstnamerachel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into virtual races- this sounds pretty neat! I'd love to do it!
  • crittergirl222
    crittergirl222 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    AmyJo0 wrote: »
    Yes just completed the All Roads Lead to Rome virtual race. Received email that my medal has been shipped.

Can you tell us more about it? Does it give you video as you log in miles?
  • AmyJo0
    Options
    Just got my finishers medal in the mail! Love it. So it works by logging in and creating account in MakeYesHappen.com then register for the virtual race you want to enter. There is a fee like most road races. Then you run or walk the distance of the race and logging in your distance using an app or manually. I used MapMyRun. When completed all the miles they mail you your finisher medal! I wanted to get my first one done to make sure it is legit and I am so excited for my next virtual race. Oh and yes as you progress through the race you unlock pictures throughout your route!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    Let's do it! Who's with me? :)
  • firstnamerachel
    firstnamerachel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    AmyJo0- you in? Which one should we do (kind of bummed you already did Rome...that looks so cool!).
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    A friend on Runners World might want to get in on this-would you guys be interested in the Dublin Pub Crawl?
  • AmyJo0
    Options
    @crittergirl222 I'm in! The Dublin Pub Crawl looks awesome!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    Awesome-let me check with her. When should we start?
  • nicwolbeck
    nicwolbeck Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Do you race others within a group or is it just a personal challenge?
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    I think it is just a personal challenge, but it lists other folks. Would be fun with others. Wanna do it with us?
  • nicwolbeck
    nicwolbeck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sure. Looks knteresting ill try it out!
  • WickedZombieQueen
    WickedZombieQueen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join in? This looks like a great motivator for walking and jogging!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    Excellent! How about we start on the first of April? That should give everyone time to sign up (and join in if wanted). So The Dublin Pub Crawl, starting April Fools Day (oh, wow... :p ). You go to the Make Yes Happen website to sign up (no more info as of yet, I haven't done it yet). Sound good?
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    plumcrze1 wrote: »
    Mind if I join in? This looks like a great motivator for walking and jogging!

Absolutely! The more the merrier!
  • crittergirl222
    Options
    nicwolbeck wrote: »
    Sure. Looks knteresting ill try it out!

Excellent!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I want to join but don't have the money right now! :'( It sounds great, so hopefully next time!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have done a couple of the races. I love them they are so motivating and you get great medals and extras.
    I plan on signing up for the Alice in Wonderland it's only 20.00 until the 1st of April
  • WickedZombieQueen
    WickedZombieQueen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Excited!!