Researched but not answers.

Options
I know I come here on and off. I have a question. Recently, almost every single day I get weak and shaky. I also have panic disorder so sometimes it can be hard to tell the differences. My bg can sometimes be high. I feel weak, break out in a sweat, feel dizzy. Also, I am very out of shape and mostly sedentary, when I do work, such as mop the floor or vacuum, or slowly walking on my treatmill I feel weak and shaky. Why is this? Is my body shocking itself from being sedentary?

Replies

• cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing when I am eating less food or if I skip a meal.
    It gets so bad that I end up vomiting.
    I have learnt that it's because my sugar levels are too low. Once I have some sugar I am all good.
  • cbeau1991
    cbeau1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good question for your primary care physician.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You might be eating too little, or alternatively, you might have a vitamin deficiency of some kind. Get some blood tests done.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Have you had your iron checked lately? That sounds like what would happen when my anemia acted up.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know I come here on and off. I have a question. Recently, almost every single day I get weak and shaky. I also have panic disorder so sometimes it can be hard to tell the differences. My bg can sometimes be high. I feel weak, break out in a sweat, feel dizzy. Also, I am very out of shape and mostly sedentary, when I do work, such as mop the floor or vacuum, or slowly walking on my treatmill I feel weak and shaky. Why is this? Is my body shocking itself from being sedentary?

Can you change your food diary settings to public?

How many calories are you eating per day?
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It could be a medication side effect (started anything new?), deficiency (low B12 made me shaky with muscle weakness and low iron made me dizzy), or some other medical issue.

Go to a doctor! Maybe it is just a case where you need to eat more. But you need to see a doctor to be sure.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had this when I started keto with intermittent fasting. For me, it went away after a few days when my blood sugar stabilized.

But honestly, those are pretty generic symptoms that can mean a bunch of different things. You should probably talk to a doctor if you can.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    by bg, do you mean blood glucose?
  • racergirl334q
    racergirl334q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been check for diabetes. I am seeing my dr next week. No changes in men's. I haven't been active on here lately but I will start.
  • racergirl334q
    Options
    I made my diary public
  • racergirl334q
    Options

It just depends each day. Some days I do good sometimes not. Some days I do really good with eating and exercise. Others it's hard because of my mental illness. Anxiety/depression/bipolar/ocd
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options

It just depends each day. Some days I do good sometimes not. Some days I do really good with eating and exercise. Others it's hard because of my mental illness. Anxiety/depression/bipolar/ocd

Are you taking any medications for those? It's possible the shakiness is a side effect.

Glad to hear you're seeing a doctor next week!
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Check your BG when you have these episodes, and keep it charted with your other BG checks. That information will be good to have when you see your doctor. Good luck!