Need to lose 100 pounds losing motivation

Options
Hi all. I'm needed to lose 100 pounds, I know a lot. I have lost 50 already. You would think that I would have the motivation to keep going. Well I don't. I feel a little stuck in my journey. I binge often. I may eat right 2 out of 7 days of the week. I would like to gain more mfp friends to help me along my journey (fight) to drop these ugly pounds. If you also have a lot to lose and/or have lost a lot and have some great insight and information for me, please feel free to add me. I can use the extra encouragement. This is really becoming a struggle for me. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've lost 135 but I can't say I have any special insight. For me, the progress already made is the motivation. My fitness progress--which has been more than I ever imagined--keeps me motivated on the weight loss side. You know how to do it, so if you want it, you can do it. I had to decide WHY I wanted it and make the commitment to do it no matter what. It was a very conscious decision. If you don't really care about losing any more pounds, I'm afraid I can't change that.

It is very important to me to have a plan, establish habits, then follow that eating & exercise plan regardless of how "motivated" I might "feel" on any given day. If I wait until I feel great, feel inspired, feel motivated, etc. I'd still be 300+ pounds.

Here is a link to my story:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10351534/my-shocking-21-month-progress-pic/p1
  • africankat
    africankat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I keep bouncing back and forth. I have over 100 to loose and every time I get to about 2 months of doing great and have lost about 10 or 15 lb. I get discouraged and fall into bad habbits. I blame a everyone/thing else and give up. I know encouragement is what helps me the most. My husband and friends try, but it seems like they give out on me after about a month or so. I find it so hard to stasy motivated.
  • thewildair
    thewildair Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is a lot! You should be really proud of yourself for losing that much already! When I feel my motivation lagging, I do something to make myself look good -- a new hair style, a new outfit, a manicure, something like that. Something that I can look at in the mirror and feel like I've improved. It makes me feel more positive about my appearance, and motivates me to keep working on my weight.

Another thing I do is break my weight loss goals up into "events." Easter's coming up, so I stay disciplined by thinking how I want to look good when I see all my family at Easter, and I know I can stay disciplined at least until then. After Easter, I will probably focus on my brother's wedding in May. And then after that I will think about summer clothes and swimsuits. So instead of thinking about how much weight I have to lose still, I just think about staying on track for smaller periods of time.

I hope that was helpful. You made it this far, so you know you can do it!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have been on the same journey- I got stuck around Christmas to Feb- I slowed down and struggled, and got sick in Feb. I found that being part of competitions that have food and exercise as part of the challenge helps keep me on track. Each has a smaller team that I am a part of and it keeps me motivated. I just posted on the success area so check out my pictures. I have done several that just keep me going.

I find making mini goals - doable for the day or the hour. Like no sugar for the day, focus on fruit or veg or no bread for the day. Drinking water only- or earning a special treat not necessarily food. My hundred pound loss goal is a massage- I just earned it on my Saturday weigh in.

If I want a special treat at the end of the day I check my food out to see if I have the calories and if I need to do more exercise first. I have used lots of exercise with my WII and youtube videos, also the pool at my local aquatics center. My mantra is Nothing tastes as good as thin thin feels.

With a chef for a husband some days are harder than others. I did this before in my 40's with weight watchers and spent a lot of money getting there I decided that I was not going to spend the $ this time. I found MFP and very happy about it.
  • kaysday
    kaysday Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone for the insight. I will bounce back. I know it's for the better me!
  • waves1023
    waves1023 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kaysday wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm needed to lose 100 pounds, I know a lot. I have lost 50 already. You would think that I would have the motivation to keep going. Well I don't. I feel a little stuck in my journey. I binge often. I may eat right 2 out of 7 days of the week. I would like to gain more mfp friends to help me along my journey (fight) to drop these ugly pounds. If you also have a lot to lose and/or have lost a lot and have some great insight and information for me, please feel free to add me. I can use the extra encouragement. This is really becoming a struggle for me. Thanks for reading.

Oh my this is me right now! I've lost 43 of the 100lbs I need to and yet all my motivation is draining and I've been starting to slide back on my eating too! It's crazy to me I think to myself you've accomplished so much why you giving in now! I don't think I'm sleeping enough......I'm big on sleep. I'd like to chat more!
  • kaysday
    Options
    waves1023 wrote: »
    kaysday wrote: »

Oh my this is me right now! I've lost 43 of the 100lbs I need to and yet all my motivation is draining and I've been starting to slide back on my eating too! It's crazy to me I think to myself you've accomplished so much why you giving in now! I don't think I'm sleeping enough......I'm big on sleep. I'd like to chat more!

That's mmm may be my issue as well. I have no clue. Please add me
  • Jamiempang
    Jamiempang Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First of all 50 lbs is AMAZING!! You have done a wonderful job. Now my first question... what is making you binge eat? Are your calories set too low? Are your macros set properly? Are you working out too hard? Is it a stress reliever for you? You need to figure out your WHY and then move on. Feel free to add me.
  • NewDeb16
    NewDeb16 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Would you all add me too? How do I add someone as a friend? They changed the app since I was last on! It's actually my fourth time back to MFP and I'm in the same boat. I have 100 lbs to lose and not much of support other than my husband, but even he is not enough.
  • ceemeelose
    ceemeelose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know what your going thru. 3 yrs ago I lost 135 pounds. As I was on my weight loss journey I had a bad break up and my ex decided he wanted to kill me instead of letting me break up with him, so he stabbed me. Thru the grace of God I was ok just had to get stitches. But the whole ordeal thru my off my weight loss completely off. I gained all my weight back plus added weight. So October 2015 I was 490 pounds, tired of making excuses and I started back on my journey. Today I am 427 pounds, it's a very hard journey but one well worth the wait!!! I have good days and bad days, but the key is to never give up!!! If I have a bad day, I just make sure the next day I do better, I try harder. My goal is to get to 300 pounds. I haven't been 300 pounds since I was a teenager. I'm 37 yrs old. I said all that to say Be Encouraged the weight will come off and you will hit your goal!!!
  • kaysday
    Options
    ceemeelose wrote: »
    I know what your going thru. 3 yrs ago I lost 135 pounds. As I was on my weight loss journey I had a bad break up and my ex decided he wanted to kill me instead of letting me break up with him, so he stabbed me. Thru the grace of God I was ok just had to get stitches. But the whole ordeal thru my off my weight loss completely off. I gained all my weight back plus added weight. So October 2015 I was 490 pounds, tired of making excuses and I started back on my journey. Today I am 427 pounds, it's a very hard journey but one well worth the wait!!! I have good days and bad days, but the key is to never give up!!! If I have a bad day, I just make sure the next day I do better, I try harder. My goal is to get to 300 pounds. I haven't been 300 pounds since I was a teenager. I'm 37 yrs old. I said all that to say Be Encouraged the weight will come off and you will hit your goal!!!

Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. You are truly a strong person. God bless you.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I lost 126lb back in 2009 then my husband left me and I got into a rebound relationship with someone very unpleasant and abusive, out of my life now. I then gained 154lb and am starting again. I would like to invite anyone with highest weight ever of over 300lb to join a daily accountability support group I started. We all know the battle to lose a lot of weight.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have experienced something similar
    Honestly ... For many of us on the 100+ pound journey I believe counciling therapy is as important as calorie counting and excercise. Maybe the answer is there? I'm on the 100 lb journey also, my highest weight was 333. I'm also looking for new friends, feel free to add me.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I found that when I had my goal set for 1.5lbs/wk it was wearing me out and depressing me. Once I set it at .5lb/wk I did much better and I'm back on track. Sometimes you just need to revamp your goals. Good luck.
  • kaysday
    Options
    @ObesityWarrior I will join that group
  • kaysday
    Options
    @Latitude11Courtney adding you now
  • kaysday
    Options
    @40andFindingFitness great point. Will try that
  • dbarnes724
    dbarnes724 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 50lbs. I think we all fall into that rut from time to time and it's normal, now you have to pick yourself back up. One day one step at a time. Start removing some of those b's items from your diet again. Do you have a Fitbit or a garmin, if so I'll join you in a step challenge. Don't give up, you've proved that you can do it with the 50lbs loss.
  • tmumphrey1
    tmumphrey1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    50 is a big accomplish, my goal is to lose 43lbs & I've lost 31 so far.
    These last few pounds are really sticking to me but Im learning to not pay attention to the number & to focus on how I look & feel.
    Keep going it will come off!
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have you been large so long that you see this as the normal for you? Maybe you need to reset your definition of normal - not necessarily 100 lbs down, but 25 and then 25 and so on. Is there someone with your features and overall looks that you can use to visualize as a model for yourself as you shape up? There has been so much positive input from others here, ranging from resetting weekly goals to support groups.