New to MFP

Options
Hi my name is Jacquie. I'm new to MFP but not to weight loss. I have struggled with my weight all of my life until it got so out of control I didn't know what to do. I had gastric bypass surgery in October and have lost 100 lbs so far. I am hitting a stall and struggling a little bit and hoping to get back on track with the help of MFP. I'm looking for motivation to get out of my slump and get more active and to stay away from the junk that got me in trouble in the first place.

Replies

• main43
    main43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie this is my first time on here although I've been using MFP for months recording everything I eat, like you I have struggled for years with my weight. Although I am only losing weight very slowly the best thing is I now longer want chips, chocolate, wine, burgers I don't even fancy these things any more, it has changed my way of eating for good, my cholesterol is down and my blood pressure to. Wishing you well on your weight loss journey, don't rush things, you'll give in. Jenny
  • jan1208
    jan1208 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacquie! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I'm sure it's tough when the scales stop dropping so fast but you just have to remember that as long as it goes down little by little, or even stays the same for a little while is MUCH better than it increasing in numbers! A tip I saw on here was to log your lunch at breakfast time, and dinner at lunch time to avoid over eating or side tracking from what you planned to eat that day! I'm going to try it for a few days - as it sounds good to me! I'm here to encourage you, shoul you want to add me as a friend on here!
  • shotofjac
    shotofjac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Go Jacquie! Your weight loss is motivating to me! I just started MFP this week and I have about 70lbs to lose. Don't get stalled now, you've done so great!
  • Bidziil
    Bidziil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the market for some accountability buddies. I've been in shape before and really let myself go in the last couple years. Time to set a good example for my kids! Superman in Training! Let's do this Jacquie, Main43, Jan1208, and Shellscriptr!