Crockpot

Options
caayres
caayres Posts: 4 Member
I'm trying to find low cal low carb crockpot recipes. I want to be able to make a large quantity and portion out. Not picky with meat types!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't have any specific recipes but chicken stew in the crock pot is low fat and low carb and oh so delicious.
    Water, boneless chicken thighs, veggies (carrots, onion, corn, one potato and celery) spices; salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.... Yum. One of my favorites.
  • tdnichols1
    tdnichols1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use my crockpot almost everyday. We eat ALOT of chicken and it's a great way to make the chicken different from one day to the next. I will look through my recepies and see what I have for you.
  • staleydt
    staleydt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make ham or sirloin roast in the crockpot then make veggies on the side
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite site for crockpot inspiration. I cant vouch for low cal though. The last thing on made from that was the cinnamon roll french toast. it's killer. http://www.recipesthatcrock.com/
  • aliguaytor5
    aliguaytor5 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just made a bunch of chicken in the crockpot that was super easy. I took 6 frozen chicken breasts, and added some zesty italian salad dressing. I cooked it on high for about 4 or 5 hours. I took it out, shredded it, and discarded the liquid, and we have the meat for: bbq chicken sandwiches and wraps (low carb tortillas and low sugar bbq sauce); quesadillas (chicken and cheese, or chicken, mango chutney and brie); chicken enchiladas, fajitas, and tacos; chicken cobb salad (great with bacon, bleu cheese, avocado, and those leftover dyed eggs), and chicken pita pizzas. These are just some of the things we did. Having the chicken precooked made it so easy to just add to the recipe and be done. All the mexican recipes were lower carb when we used the mission low carb wheat tortillas (4 net grams for fajita size, 3 for taco size). I don't do extreme low carb, but because i am diabetic, i need to keep my net carbs between 35 and 40 each meal.
  • caayres
    caayres Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!