3 weeks no weightloss

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
I lost 11.5lbs in 6 weeks the last 3 weeks I've lost nothing.
I've been yoyoing for years never have trouble losing weight until now.
I weigh on food scales measure in jugs I'm strict as I know how important it is.
I'm female 46 5ft 2 and 213lbs.
I walk 1-2 hours most days. I'm eating 1300-1400 calories a day
Porridge.
Seafood salad light dressing.
Chicken salad.
Green tea is main drink.

I was very ill last year not sure if this is why.

My measurements I lost 8 inches in month 1
This month stayed the same inch wise.

Not sure what to do.

Replies

• Diesyable
    Diesyable Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you been decreasing your calorie amount since you started loosing weight? And have you been switching the types of foods you eat or have your meals been pretty consistent where you're eating the same foods every day? And have you been keeping an eye on your sodium?

From my past experiences with weight loss these were the things that generally made my weight plateau. Oddly enough I found increasing my calories for a day or so every couple of weeks seems to help as does watching my sodium intake and changing the foods I eat on a regular basis. Rotating foods also helps you get all the different nutrients and vitamins your body needs. If your diet is high in sodium you may be retaining water as well which doesn't help matters out at all.

For me, I noticed that my body likes change otherwise it becomes too comfortable and doesn't want to let go of any more weight because it doesn't need to. I'm not sure if you started at 1300-1400 calories when you first started loosing the weight and haven't decreased it yet. If so, you could try decreasing your calorie intake for a week and see if maybe that helps out.

The most important thing is to not get discouraged! Many of us have been in your shoes, and sometimes weight plateaus can happen for a while. It can be very discouraging, especially when you have been so strict and have been doing everything right.
  • kimdelacreme
    kimdelacreme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive been plataue too . Lost 76 pds / now a few pds up but I havent been super strict either . I need to tighten uo my diet . Sleeved 7/6/15 Logging my food intake is key !
  • specy21
    specy21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Start jogging instead of walking. Even if it's just 5 minutes out of the 1-2 hours of walking. Then increase that 5 minutes daily prefered, but weekly if it gets too hard. You need to increase your heart rate. You can eat the same, keep that calarie count if your not starving yourself, as if the hunger isnt unbarable. would suggest not eating the same thing every day. Look into healthy recipes and increase your calarie intake if running starts making you too hungry at that calarie count.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    As irritating as it is, I would just stick at it you may be due for a 'whoosh' anytime now!! A plateau lasts 6 weeks, and you've been losing on average 1.27 pounds a week which is brilliant :)
  • valeriepaluszynski
    valeriepaluszynski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add in strength training exercise to your cardio. Look up workouts that use your body weight with planks, squats, etc. You don't need a gym BUT consulting a personal trainer can make a huge difference. To torch calories and build muscle, you have to do more than walk.
  • size102b
    Options
    Thanks for your replies
    Tbh I had 11 blood transfusions and sepsis plus lost my baby at 5 months pregnant last year was on so much hormonal medication was hemoraghing loads very bad anemia
    Maybe that's not helped l.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies
    Tbh I had 11 blood transfusions and sepsis plus lost my baby at 5 months pregnant last year was on so much hormonal medication was hemoraghing loads very bad anemia

I'm sorry to hear that:( That must've been hard on you. Good for you for focusing on your health! It seems to me more than anything in the weightloss/health arena...that patience is what works;)
  • size102b
    edited March 2016
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies

I'm sorry to hear that:( That must've been hard on you. Good for you for focusing on your health! It seems to me more than anything in the weightloss/health arena...that patience is what works;)
    Thankyou yes just thought as I've a lot to lose id get 1lb a week loss
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your loss. There's a couple of things. I am similar to you in height and weight. I am 176lbs, and have a trouble losing weight and it seems it TAKES A LOT for my body to burn fat. I can gain 4 or 5lbs in a month and take 4 months to lose it. That said I have had a real eye opening moment with my activity. I suspect has been the problem for years but I had not hard data.
    I bought an activity tracker and have spent the last 3 weeks monitoring my activity. Yes, most days I walk 2 or 3 miles, it is NOT enough to cause a calorie deficit large enough for weight loss. To be honest was bummed when I saw the trend lines. These days I am shooting for a calorie deficit of 350 calories, which for me is enough to burn about a 1lb per week.
    I recommend getting a pedometer, activity tracker or using your phone to track how active you are when you aren't actually exercising. You might need to up your activity level, and I know it can be hard if you are like me and sit for up to 8 hours a day.

Good Luck and stick to it.

Denise
  • blewbell
    blewbell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with valerie on strength training. I started out on a 'plateau', didn't lose anything for first month or so of going lower calorie/low carb/treadmill/walking. Started strength training and now am losing a little .5/lb a week, I'm short too (5-1) with about 35 pounds to lose total. I am 45 years old, started out at 168 and was 156 this morning, so I still have 21 to go. I eat 1200 calories which is the lowest I want to go so I just can't create deficits like tall people can. I needed the lost muscle for metabolic tissue, I was just deflated in that sense. I use the bands so nothing heavy. I also broke out my Wii Fit and do those strength training exercises for a fun change of pace. Still do cardio and stuff and have at the most 2 days off a week.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I've also had to overcome some health challenges just to get to the point that I could exercise. It really did seem like a vicious cycle and I was extremely depressed. I do feel better now that I'm healthier and I hope you will too!
  • size102b
    Options
    I am sorry about your loss. There's a couple of things. I am similar to you in height and weight. I am 176lbs, and have a trouble losing weight and it seems it TAKES A LOT for my body to burn fat. I can gain 4 or 5lbs in a month and take 4 months to lose it. That said I have had a real eye opening moment with my activity. I suspect has been the problem for years but I had not hard data.
    I bought an activity tracker and have spent the last 3 weeks monitoring my activity. Yes, most days I walk 2 or 3 miles, it is NOT enough to cause a calorie deficit large enough for weight loss. To be honest was bummed when I saw the trend lines. These days I am shooting for a calorie deficit of 350 calories, which for me is enough to burn about a 1lb per week.
    I recommend getting a pedometer, activity tracker or using your phone to track how active you are when you aren't actually exercising. You might need to up your activity level, and I know it can be hard if you are like me and sit for up to 8 hours a day.

Good Luck and stick to it.

Denise

I've a Fitbit I do 9000-18000 steps a day
  • size102b
    Options
    salittle1 wrote: »
    I agree with valerie on strength training. I started out on a 'plateau', didn't lose anything for first month or so of going lower calorie/low carb/treadmill/walking. Started strength training and now am losing a little .5/lb a week, I'm short too (5-1) with about 35 pounds to lose total. I am 45 years old, started out at 168 and was 156 this morning, so I still have 21 to go. I eat 1200 calories which is the lowest I want to go so I just can't create deficits like tall people can. I needed the lost muscle for metabolic tissue, I was just deflated in that sense. I use the bands so nothing heavy. I also broke out my Wii Fit and do those strength training exercises for a fun change of pace. Still do cardio and stuff and have at the most 2 days off a week.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I've also had to overcome some health challenges just to get to the point that I could exercise. It really did seem like a vicious cycle and I was extremely depressed. I do feel better now that I'm healthier and I hope you will too!

Thankyou
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you are calculating calories you are consuming but you may be eating more than you think. Something is off with your deficit. You do not need to drop your calories. I'm 5'2" 155lbs and I'm still losing with 1300 cals a day and 8,000-10,000 steps. I know it's the go to answer but you may really need to start weighing and measuring everything, especially things like chicken salad.
  • size102b
    Options
    I do weigh and measure everything
    I know how to lose weight
    This is me in 2012 -71lbs in 11 months
    I do get a little cross when people say I'm not doing this properly
    yjfhfosq4pyf.png
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    have you tried calorie jacking at all, like randomly (and very rarely) increasing your calories for 1 day? i run into this every once in a while when i've been consistently losing weight. the first time, after losing 2 pounds a week for two months, i suddenly stopped losing. three weeks and nothing. i got so pissed off i ate a whole (medium, thin crust, veggie) pizza. woke up the next day, angry at myself and terrified of the scale. somehow i'd dropped three pounds.

happened again three other times. would try eating more for one day and then going back to my regular deficit. worked 3/4 times total, haha. i have no idea why and it probably isn't a real thing but was due to something else-- just providing my anecdotal experience.
  • size102b
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Johnrespal12 Thankyou I will

@pariskathryn actually last night I skipped dinner ate crap only upto 1600 and lost 1.5lbs :0O
    Seems something worked hopefully Thankyou
  • size102b
    Options
    this will really help you! My Article
    Try changing your routine maybe your body is just used to it.

Have you done this as its $47 wondered what it involved as I've ibs d I have to be careful what I eat
    Thanks
  • size102b
    Options
    I lost 1.5lbs over night so hope it continues
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If you know you're doing the right things, keep doing them. Plateaus happen to everybody. It's just the body's way of keeping everything in balance.
  • speerickson
    speerickson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @size102b Probably plateaued cause you lost so much weight real quick. What's your diet like? What are your macros? What foods are you eating? Home cooked, fast food, pre packaged, etc... Do you weigh your food out? A lot of it comes down to accuracy. You mentioned you walk everyday, do you lift weights or do any alternative forms of cardio? How often you cheat and eat junk food?
    If EVERYTHING is on point, then the only thing you would have to do is simply lower your calories a bit, not drastically.
    Good job on your weight loss so far!