Quick, Free Daily Yoga

Options
mabbzie
mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
Howdy! I am an avid weightlifter so in order to decrease muscle soreness and get more flexibility in my life I want to incorporate daily morning yoga. However, I don't want to dish out the $$ for another class/gym nor can I dedicate an hour to it. I was thinking 20 min, at the most. Does anyone have any good resources online (preferably free) that they've tried or can recommend for such a feat?

Thank you much!

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I would youtube it. I also think there is a free yoga app (may actually be called Free Daily Yoga). I like FitnessBlender and they have a few yoga videos (the one I like is more like 30 minutes) but I would look more into youtube. Good luck! :)
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yoga by Adriene on YouTube
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    dlboyle26 wrote: »
    Yoga by Adriene on YouTube

+1 for this. She has an assortment of videos lasting anywhere from 15-60 mins.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Ditto for Yoga With Adriene.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Look for Rodney Yee on youtube.

His 'AM Yoga' is good for those looking for gentle stretching, beginners, or those with cranky lower backs. It's about 11 minutes not counting the meditation. I used to do it with remote in hand so I could pause and hold some of the poses longer.

The video quality of this is a bit choppy but it's free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsUd5LgVVBk

You can buy the DVD which includes the PM series for $12.37 here.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Doyogawithme
    Excellent site with heaps of free routines.
  • Grrlonamission94
    Grrlonamission94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Another yoga with adriene fan here! I've recently started her 30 days series and I'm loving it. I can touch my toes now
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i love rodney yee and shiva rea

however, i would recommend a few classes first so you know your alignment, just like weightlifting, your alignment is very important to avoid injury. you can look for a community yoga or karma yoga class, which will be cheaper
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Love yoga with Adriene
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The yoga journal website has a bunch of videos and different types of sequences.