Protien meal replacment?

Options
What is best protein meal replacement shake that is affordable and that works?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Best? Works - how? What are you replacing meals for?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? What works is not enough info.
  • blmelnick7
    blmelnick7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein drink 30 gms protein, 1 sugar and only 160 calories. Best deal found is Costco 18 for $24.99
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am looking for something that has extra nutrients. I don't get enough and have problems retaining them. Trying to find something that helps feel fuller longer. I am supposed to eat 6 small meals a day due to stomach disorder. The protein shake would help. Don't have a Costco around here. Have wm and Walgreen.
  • spacecadetz06
    spacecadetz06 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Don't go cheep. I heard some bad things about protein spiking in some brands. I prep a weeks meals on Sunday, convenience is they key imo.
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    has anyone used unjury protein shakes?
  • mamaChristine
    mamaChristine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nutracelle protein powders have 10g of prebiotic fiber per serving, which really helps you feel full for longer. And there is an option to get your product for free.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Go to Walmart and Target and see what they have to offer.
    They will take anything back with a receipt, even if used.
    Make it with skim milk.
    Get a mini mixer $14 if you don't have one. Also walmart.
    Do not buy strange products online !
    Pure protein is good - stores.
    Try their protein bar first to see if you can handle the taste of protein.
  • MrsWadley11
    MrsWadley11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thrive is not a meal replacement like shakeology is. I do thrive, it's been a great way to get those missing vitamins and making me feel better.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    EAS makes a lower carb shake (thus higher relative protein) that also has some added vitamins. I keep some in the fridge at work as a backup. They taste reasonably OK and are pretty calorie friendly. I usually get them at Target, but they are listed on the walmart website, so maybe they'll have them in store, too.

EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shake

c03207fc-9193-44c0-861b-434932d53987.jpg.w960.jpg
  • twins0612
    twins0612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MrsWadley11 do you do both, Thrive and shakeology?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    How the hell does shakeology make it into a thread where affordability is a requirement???
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I add Carnation breakfast essentials to my protein shakes, if I'm using them as a meal replacement. Tastes pretty good, and seems to complement it well (Nutritionally).
  • dcoitino77
    dcoitino77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Shaklee 180 it has all the nutrients your body needs plus leucine to build and maintain muscle.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I used Nutrition 53 Lean 1 for quite some time. If you have a smoothie king in your area, whip through the drive thru and try it out. Good stuff, kept me full for a good four hours (16 oz)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What about BSN syntha 6, you can add different things to up the calories.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    How the hell does shakeology make it into a thread where affordability is a requirement???

How does shakeology make it past 3 posts on MFP?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes aren't meal replacements...these are two different things. Protein shakes are just a protein supplement...they do not have the other requisite nutrition or calories to qualify as a meal replacement.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've heard of DIY soylent.. Maybe that can supplement your meal plans?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i use Vega Ones Nutritional drink... 22grams of protein, half daily fiber, antioxidants, half of daily % of vitamins, some probiotics... pretty much all made from fruits and veggies. 160 calories for the vanilla 170 for the chocolate.