Best motivation are the first results - how long?

Options
How long time it takes when you saw first results - not when you measure your weight, but when you saw it in the mirror, or when your friends saw that you become slimmer?

Replies

• mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice until I tried on my bridesmaid dress last month I had myself hidden under layers of clothes because of the weather
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    When I was obese, it took like 20 lbs for me to notice anything.

Now that I'm in the normal BMI range, it takes about 4-5 lbs for me to see a difference. But it's not just pounds coming off either - since I started doing circuit training classes 1 hour/week my upper body has become a totally different shape. That took about 3 weeks to notice. It was exciting :)
  • lajci
    lajci Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks for your help. I cannot wait for results to show!
  • lajci
    lajci Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have another question? How long does it take for hit the plateau? What is your calorie intake, your age and when you hit the plateau? I just want to know what to expect…
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I FIRST felt a difference at just 2 weeks. However, I started to actually see it at 4 weeks. It's now been 3 months, and I look much different. Just don't give up. Even if you feel like progress is going slow, it will pay off :)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    In my experience (as much as it SUCKS) take photos! Pick an outfit that shows a lot, a swimsuit, underwear, etc. take photos from all 4 sides and stick them away some where (if you're anything like me you'll be disgusted by them - but DO NOT DELETE!). Wait a month or so and take new ones (preferably in the same clothing). The change may or may not be HUGE but there will be change. Wait another month and do it again. You'll never quit hating the original photos but it will show you how far you've come.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Take pictures. Take your measurements.

Then look for something you love doing and the results won't be as important.