Protien meal replacment?

What is best protein meal replacement shake that is affordable and that works?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Best? Works - how? What are you replacing meals for?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    What is your goal? What works is not enough info.
  • blmelnick7
    blmelnick7 Posts: 1 Member
    Premier Protein drink 30 gms protein, 1 sugar and only 160 calories. Best deal found is Costco 18 for $24.99
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    I am looking for something that has extra nutrients. I don't get enough and have problems retaining them. Trying to find something that helps feel fuller longer. I am supposed to eat 6 small meals a day due to stomach disorder. The protein shake would help. Don't have a Costco around here. Have wm and Walgreen.
  • spacecadetz06
    spacecadetz06 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2016
    Don't go cheep. I heard some bad things about protein spiking in some brands. I prep a weeks meals on Sunday, convenience is they key imo.
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    has anyone used unjury protein shakes?
  • mamaChristine
    mamaChristine Posts: 18 Member
    Nutracelle protein powders have 10g of prebiotic fiber per serving, which really helps you feel full for longer. And there is an option to get your product for free.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Go to Walmart and Target and see what they have to offer.
    They will take anything back with a receipt, even if used.
    Make it with skim milk.
    Get a mini mixer $14 if you don't have one. Also walmart.
    Do not buy strange products online !
    Pure protein is good - stores.
    Try their protein bar first to see if you can handle the taste of protein.
  • MrsWadley11
    MrsWadley11 Posts: 5 Member
    Thrive is not a meal replacement like shakeology is. I do thrive, it's been a great way to get those missing vitamins and making me feel better.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    EAS makes a lower carb shake (thus higher relative protein) that also has some added vitamins. I keep some in the fridge at work as a backup. They taste reasonably OK and are pretty calorie friendly. I usually get them at Target, but they are listed on the walmart website, so maybe they'll have them in store, too.

EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shake

c03207fc-9193-44c0-861b-434932d53987.jpg.w960.jpg
  • twins0612
    twins0612 Posts: 1 Member
    MrsWadley11 do you do both, Thrive and shakeology?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    How the hell does shakeology make it into a thread where affordability is a requirement???
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    I add Carnation breakfast essentials to my protein shakes, if I'm using them as a meal replacement. Tastes pretty good, and seems to complement it well (Nutritionally).
  • dcoitino77
    dcoitino77 Posts: 37 Member
    I use Shaklee 180 it has all the nutrients your body needs plus leucine to build and maintain muscle.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    I used Nutrition 53 Lean 1 for quite some time. If you have a smoothie king in your area, whip through the drive thru and try it out. Good stuff, kept me full for a good four hours (16 oz)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    What about BSN syntha 6, you can add different things to up the calories.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    How the hell does shakeology make it into a thread where affordability is a requirement???

How does shakeology make it past 3 posts on MFP?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Protein shakes aren't meal replacements...these are two different things. Protein shakes are just a protein supplement...they do not have the other requisite nutrition or calories to qualify as a meal replacement.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    I've heard of DIY soylent.. Maybe that can supplement your meal plans?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i use Vega Ones Nutritional drink... 22grams of protein, half daily fiber, antioxidants, half of daily % of vitamins, some probiotics... pretty much all made from fruits and veggies. 160 calories for the vanilla 170 for the chocolate.