Walden Farms Products

Options
LessToLoveTexas
LessToLoveTexas Posts: 35 Member
Has anyone ever tried any of the Walden Farms products? I've tried their ranch dressing a few years back. The taste wasn't bad, but it was very runny. But they have all kinds of different stuff now like peanut butter, jelly, coffee creamer, BBQ sauces and tons of other stuff. It is a little pricey, so I wanted to see if anyone has tried and liked or disliked it so I don't spend a bunch of money on stuff I don't like.

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few of their things, but found them to be horribly sweet...
  • TheTagman
    TheTagman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The honey BBQ sauce is surprisingly good....The peanut butter tastes like brown death!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've not tried these - but the peanut butter gets horrible reviews.......

For reduced calorie peanut butter, there are lots of good substitutes (powdered peanut butter): PB2, Jiff (comes in a pouch), Trader Joe's has a store brand, Just Great Stuff, PB Fit. I've found PB2 at Target, and PB Fit at Wal-Mart.

The Walden Farms maple & caramel syrup seems to be well liked

For ranch dressing - powdered Hidden Valley Ranch mixed with milk & Greek yogurt isn't bad.
  • LessToLoveTexas
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I've not tried these - but the peanut butter gets horrible reviews.......

For reduced calorie peanut butter, there are lots of good substitutes (powdered peanut butter): PB2, Jiff (comes in a pouch), Trader Joe's has a store brand, Just Great Stuff, PB Fit. I've found PB2 at Target, and PB Fit at Wal-Mart.

The Walden Farms maple & caramel syrup seems to be well liked

For ranch dressing - powdered Hidden Valley Ranch mixed with milk & Greek yogurt isn't bad.

I've tried the PB2 and REALLY REALLY liked it. I was just trying to find a cheaper product. I'm super cheap about EVERYTHING. But I think I'm just going to stick with PB2.
  • LessToLoveTexas
    Options
    TheTagman wrote: »
    The honey BBQ sauce is surprisingly good....The peanut butter tastes like brown death!

"brown death" Hahahaha!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of it. I don't understand how they make a lot of their products calorie free....and it kinda scares me.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I tried the zero carb sauces - Toffee, Chocolate, Strawberry. Couple of goes of each and then I poured them down the sink - vile.
  • LessToLoveTexas
    Options
    I haven't tried any of it. I don't understand how they make a lot of their products calorie free....and it kinda scares me.

I kind of feel the same way.
  • LessToLoveTexas
    Options
    I tried the zero carb sauces - Toffee, Chocolate, Strawberry. Couple of goes of each and then I poured them down the sink - vile.

Looks I won't be spending my money after all! Thank you!
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A couple of the dressings are ok-ish, but there are low calorie dressings like Bolthouse that are 30-45 calories per serving and 800x better so why bother.
    The chocolate syrup I tried was so bad, I tossed it right away.
  • bewickfree
    bewickfree Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've used the 1000 island when making BigMac salads (tomatoes, lean ground beef, lettuce and 1000 island), and combined with the other ingredients was very good. On lettuce itself it may be too different. Bit again, I liked it. The caramel sauce and ranches were horrible!
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All of the Walden Farm substitutes I tried I found horrible except the pancake syrup (regular flavor)
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have had several of the dressings the honey Dijon and balsamic are good.... The ranch was like white water with no flavor.... I think I had the jelly a few years back and it was gross could be better now though
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Had never heard of them until this thread so I looked them up. Food with 0 calories? Sounds like witchcraft to me :| I just can't seem to imagine the ingredients or the taste.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's just rounding down along with a bunch of water, splenda, thickening agents and random chemicals. IMO things like these just make me crave more sugar, rather than enjoying food for what it is. I try to use fruits and other things to sweeten my foods.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I kept a bottle of the chocolate sauce around for a while. It was okay in small portions and not as good in larger portions, imo. As with anything, some people love them and some people hate them.
  • LessToLoveTexas
    Options
    Well the consensus seems to be that these products are the devils work, so I think I'll steer clear! Thank you all!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I kind of liked the marshmallow fluff, and at one time years ago got used to the ranch enough I preferred it. Tried again and cant get to that point again - nasty. The pancake syrup seems good, but Da vinci has a 0 cal one that is better and overall cheaper.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The mayo is GROSS. Got that by mistake once.
  • jbgibso3
    jbgibso3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's best to go with all natural foods. When you get into something that is supposed to be high calorie or high sugar, and it isn't, you have to wonder if it's even okay to consume. Try taking things that are naturally high in calorie and substitute it with something healthier. For instance, make a healthier Alfredo sauce by adding Greek yogurt for creaminess, or substitute natural applesauce for oil or butter when you're baking. For me, it's more fun to create healthy items that were meant to be bad for you, than to buy "calorie free" or "sugar free." If you don't understand what's in it or how to pronounce it, I would skip it.