Loosing Weight for the Summer

Options
scolion
scolion Posts: 9 Member
Hello! My name is Sara. I use to use this app 8 months ago but then stopped for whatever reason. Now I have rejoined this app in hopes to loose weight! I mostly want to loose weight to get a toned body and maybe depending on my progress get abs for the summer. Any tips and stories will be helpful! :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Unless you are already in great shape and with low body fat, you are not going to get abs for summer. Abs do not happen in such a short period. You can start now, and get them for next summer :) But you can still make a lot of progress in a few months.
  • scolion
    Options
    Thanks aggelikik! :smile: I'm mostly trying to get rid of my fat from the legs and hips. I think I'm going to wait on the abs for later. Lol
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym despite what most gyms want to tell you.

You can have the best abs in the world however you need a low body fat percentage to be able to see them at all. Work on the weight loss and the abs will follow.
  • scolion
    Options
    Thank you jsecret! :smiley: I'm not sure if I'm using the kitchen wisely. I'm still eating food that I regularly eat but in smaller portions with fruit or some kind of protein drink. Lately I have also been eating salads but not a lot.
  • scolion
    Options
    Hello 138shades! I feel the same way all the time
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I never loosed weight before.

No, but it looks like you did lose some! ;)
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I too used to use the app a couple months ago as well and just fell off the wagon pretty hard and gained back the ten lbs I worked so hard to lose. I'm now kicking myself for that :( I'm determined to reach my goal weight before I turn 30 this year. I'm dreading this birthday like no other so maybe with the new me it won't be so bad! :wink:
  • scolion
    Options
    Hello GloriaE2016! I was never really looking out for my weight