Petite women join me!

Options
Hey guys! I am looking for friends with similar body as mine because not anyone will understand the struggle of having a very low BMR to start with!!

I'm a very petite woman (1,5m tall) just breathing I will burn about 1100 k/cal a day, so you can imagine my difficulties...at the end of the day, with a bit of cardio and active life, I burn about 1500 k/cal. To get a deficit I try to have a 1200 cal diet. I need to lose about 4-5 kg to get in perfect shape and then I have to maintain it...sounds a lot easier than it looks.

All active friends are welcome, but I particularly address myself to the petite women out there, please join me to share our diaries, it's really about creativity when you have so few calories at your disposal and you are still trying to eat healthy and tasty food.

Thanks everybody :) Please add me!

Replies

• MrsRachelS
    MrsRachelS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm not quite as petite as you, and not as far along in my path, but I am quite short and have similar challenges. :smile:

I'm Rachel, I'm 5'2 (or 5'3" if I'm rounding up) with a CW of 146lbs and a GW of 125lbs. I used to be able to maintain my weight without doing anything, but now I'm over 30 and things have changed!

I have a similar challenge with being creative with the 1200cal goal. I also would love some advice on adding protein to my diet from others. I don't eat a lot of meat and find it difficult to meet those goals regularly. I look forward to meeting other petite ladies!
  • mcesira
    mcesira Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm 5'1 and usually stay 125 lbs. mom to 4 little ones, ages 18 months, 4, 6 and 8! Wishing you all the best!
  • shaken2010
    shaken2010 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft1 currently at 138 and want to get to 120-125.
    Add me if you like
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 61 kgs and trying to get down to 57 kgs at least. I try to limit myself to below 1200 cals a day, and boy, the weight comes off too slowly! :(
    My diary is closed though, I am a vegetarian and eat Indian food so I doubt if it would make sense to the readers anyways. :wink:
    Anyone is free to add me.
  • plami_9209
    plami_9209 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I`m 1,56 m, I know the struugle, trying to get down to 53 kg. My limit is 1200 cals and and I`m trying to be as active as possible. Fell free to add me :)
  • jodi3357
    jodi3357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5' here. Going on 170 days. Not sure how much I have lost, going to the Dr. in 2 weeks.Trying to be healthy (and it also helps that my son is getting married this year ). Add me if you would like to.
  • jodi3357
    jodi3357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stick to 1200 cal. Desk job, so alot of sitting. And lots of water so I have to get up quite often.
  • naiyachan54
    naiyachan54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is me too. I'm 5'4" but I have a very very small, petite frame so I need to be more middle/low end of BMI instead of upper end. any extra weight goes to my stomach too, so technically my height to waist ratio is in the overweight/unhealthy range. :( I'm at 138 now, trying to get down to about 125, but I'd be fairly happy being 130. My calorie goal is also 1200, so I try to do like maybe 20min of exercise a day or whatever will get me a couple of hundred extra, which seems much more doable so far.
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'1" and weigh 160. I've struggled with my weight since my last one was born. I was down to 148 at one point but than gained it all back. I'm not happy with who I've become and really need to get this weight off. I've just started so could really use a couple friends!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5'3 and 167. My gw is back to the 130s where I was 3 years ago. I am also a mom of a 15 month old :)
  • raphaelaflower
    raphaelaflower Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'1 and fluctuate between 140-148 ,currently 142. Feel free to add me. My goal is to get back to my weight of 112 , short-term goals are 135 and 125
  • Amanda_Bullock120
    Amanda_Bullock120 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 5'1, I have lost 30lbs and have another 25-30lbs to go. I'm a busy college student and a mother of 3 boys.
    I stick to 1250-1400 cals a day and workout about 30 mins 5/6 times a week. Friend me if you like! :)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'2" (if I stretch) and weigh about 104lbs now. I am VERY small boned and I had my goal as 99-101, which is still 5lbs over my normal weight, but I'm pretty happy with where I am right now and am just concentrating on recomping.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5' and feel your pain. I aim for an average of 1300 -some days are higher, some lower but I try not to go below 1100. My diary is open but I've been eating a lot this week so not the best example (a 10k obstacle race last weekend and a swing dance festival this last few days should hopefully balance it out!!!). I could go slight lower on calories, but an average of 1300 means I get to have my normal life (occasional nights out with beer and food) and still slowly lose.

I tend to cook all my own food, and my trick is tons of vegetables. Most of the time my meals lack an actual starchy carb content, because my plate is already filled with veggies.

Aim for the gym 3 mornings a week (stronglifts) and swing dancing a couple of times, plus walking if the weather is good.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Just curious where you got your numbers from OP? A TDEE 1500 is pretty low, even for a petite woman, who exercises and has an active life as you said in your initial post. Was that from a calculator?

• FourLaur
    FourLaur Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm almost 5'4 and am desperately trying to lose the last five pounds of "baby weight." Baby is now 2, embarrassingly. I cannot seem to move the scale unless intake is consistently 1,300 or under. : (
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am small - 5 feet (1.5 m). I have lost 20 lbs since Jan 1st putting me currently at 115 lbs. I have about 10 lbs left to lose and stick pretty close to 1200 calories per day. It does suck that I run like a mad woman for 60 minutes and burn only 600-700 calories. I get it, smaller person = smaller burn ...but I just want the whole cake!!

I run A LOT! This helps and working to get a bit of abs (i have 2 established abs!)
  • kogome
    kogome Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5 ft, currently 105 lbs. I'm Chinese, so I am super small-boned, and as a result even though I'm not exactly heavy it still manifests as extra chub on my belly and thighs. I'm trying to get back to my "normal" weight of around 90-95 lbs, but my main goal is just to eat healthier and be more active, which is hard as a premedical student.
  • fleurhaus
    fleurhaus Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also really petite (1.49m), so I understand your struggle. On a non-active day I usually burn about 1,200-1,350 cals a day. I have lost about 40 pounds and still have around 5-8 pounds left to lose. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Lisamjs1
    Lisamjs1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and cw 150. Gw 118.
    I have an open diary. Add me