Bodybugg/Bodymedia

Options
tcgrave1
tcgrave1 Posts: 1 Member
I had my bodybugg/Bodymedia for 8 yrs! Loved it. SUPER ACCURATE. Wore it on my wrist.
Jan 1 it will be gone! Bought up3....not nearly as accurate. App is good but it under values my calorie burn. So frustrated.
Can anyone recommend anything better???

Replies

• LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure because I haven't tried it, but I have been looking at the Garmin 235. It's expensive but it looks like the next best thing compared to the BodyMedia. I can't BELIEVE they discontinued the app!! :(
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    I used a BodyBugg for several years and then transition to the BodyMedia core when that merger happened. I was truly bummed out when bodymedia went away. I felt those two products were very accurate.

While using BodyBugg, I joined one of the teams on the message board, i.e., one for people who are 5'3" or shorter, as we have special challenges with weight loss. A small subset of that group wanted to stay in touch when that message board went down. For a year, we had an independent website, but that became too much work and expense for the member who volunteered to do that. So another member realized that we could have group here on MFP.

When BodyBugg went away, I was the only one of that group to go to BodyMedia. The others transitioned to Fitbit. So when BodyMedia went away, I transitioned to a Fitbit Charge HR, and I've been pretty happy with that.

You can sync Fitbit with MFP so that you log foods on MFP and that information goes automatically to your FitBit dashboard. Since I sit at desk at day, I view my dashboard from my computer, and it has a lot of features similar to the BodyMedia site, as well as some that BodyMedia didn't have. My group all uses MFP to log food because the database is better than FitBit's.

Hope this is info is helpful, and good luck.