Back at the same place again...Disgusted, Discouraged, and seemingly Defeated...

DoItForLiam
DoItForLiam Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Here I am again...KNOCKING on 400 lbs door.

I'm going on 35, I'm 6'3, I've got a large build, which thankfully hides how big I really am...

I'm currently 365 lbs, not quite the heaviest I've ever been...but damn close.

5 years ago, I was around 325lbs...I got my proverbial ***** together and was down to 240 lbs, in a stunning 6-7 months.

Then My Wife got pregnant, and I got comfortable in my new "skinny" self.

Then, for some reason, I stopped working out.

Then, for some reason, I stopped eating healthy foods.

Then, every single bad habit I had, returned.

Now, 5 years later, I have a 4 year old, and a huge obesity problem.

This has to stop.

I'm not looking for coddling. I'm looking for accountability.

I'm honestly TOO embarrassed to ask for help anywhere else right now.

The Planning starts today, the Work starts Tomorrow.

Add me as a friend if you'd like to support me on my way.

This HAS to be the last time I go through this. This will make the 5th or 6th "restart" for me....

Hopefully it sticks. It HAS to. I've got to get healthy for my son. I've got to be able to keep up with him, have fun with him, and enjoy being a father. The weight is literally killing me. Time to stop being a victim, and start being a victor.

Replies

• Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    I will add you. There's no time for you to feel disgust.. Time to brush it off and get your control back.
  • DoItForLiam
    Just disappointed that I let myself get back here....but I'm glad I'm finally getting annoyed enough with myself that I'm starting to feel that same drive I did when I initially lost a lot of weight. I need to get back to that place, but this time-KEEP it OFF. Thanks for the Add :)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    You can do it, you have done it before. I am doing it for third time now and yes that is frustrating but better than giving up forever
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    edited March 2016
    With each passing day, there will be some kind of "fly in the ointment". Been there, done that, laced up my Nike' shoes and hopped on the treadmill because of it. Its really gonna be ok. Just remember why you are working on getting healthier and keep your eye on the prize. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!4ka7jooswb1g.jpg
  • DoItForLiam
    With each passing day, there will be some kind of "fly in the ointment". Been there, done that, laced up my Nike' shoes and hopped on the treadmill because of it. Its really gonna be ok. Just remember why you are working on getting healthier and keep your eye on the prize. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!4ka7jooswb1g.jpg

Thank you!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    What did you do last time, that you weren't able to keep doing long term? Was your exercise regiment too much? We're you cutting out foods you enjoyed, and replacing them with 'healthy' foods you didn't really like? The key is to figure out how to lose/maintain in a way that's sustainable for you, for the long term. As you now know, weight loss means nothing if you can't maintain the loss (I'm having that reality check myself right now).

My suggestion-keep it simple. Don't jump back in and cut out things you like eating. Instead, focus on fitting in the foods you DO like, within your calorie parameters. Also, identify any problem areas you have and then come up with strategies to address those issues. (I'm a mindless night time snacker, so I no longer eat after 7pm etc). Small, simple changes that are doable long term can make all the difference!

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Sounds like when your wife got pregnant you got pregnant to.. Don't be disappointed. It's just time to drop the baby weight. Been there, done that. Effed up, back 5 steps move up 10. It happens. You did it before, you will again. Slowly and healthy for your son. I'd get a bike and go bike riding with him. Won't feel so much like exercise
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    lets go man. I was sort of in the same boat. I started at 396, down 100 but not nearly as tall as you so my height showed how bid i really was. You have done it before so you know what to do.
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    You got this, I was almost where you are at, 5 years ago I lost 70+ lbs and then gained it all back and then some, due to drinking and eating everything I seen. About 8 months ago I decided enough was enough, made a dietary change, and got back into the gym, and it has felt great.

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    You need to change what ever u did last time that was not sustainable and replace it with a plan u can sustain Indefinitely. If your weight loss was sustainable u wouldn't be here now. Not trying to be harsh, but reality is, something u did in that first major weight loss did NOT fit into your lifestyle
  • DoItForLiam
    The first time, I got comfortable at my size, thought that I could slack off, and before I knew it, the weight was back. I've dusted myself off, and I'm starting again. The Gym Starts tomorrow. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (eventually) I'm going to start with Monday and Thursdays to start, and then add more days in. My schedule is kind of hard to work with, but I'll manage.