Tired of feeling fat

Options
work_on_it
work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
I've gotten lazy. And it shows. I can see it in the mirror. I can feel it when I sit. I'd love to exercise and eat right for health reasons... But really... I'm just tired of feeling fat.

So hey... If I get healthy in the process... Why not

Replies

• jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I would be lying if i said that i was doing it solely for the health reasons...however, being overweight can bring health problems so why not work out to feel good about yourself both mentally and physically?
  • work_on_it
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping
  • sandrasue27
    sandrasue27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let's do this B)
  • faithuntouched
    faithuntouched Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Honey I understand how you feel!
    I feel the same way I feel I have let myself get to my highest height yet, and I don't ever want to be this way again. I am putting up a fight and getting rid of it lol add me if you'd like and let's do it together!!

God Bless You <3B)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I too was tired of feeling lazy and fat. I looked in the mirror and saw that bloated looking body that I no longer wanted to have. And at 4'11" I was getting miserable. I did it mostly for my health since I'm close to 50 years old now but I also want to look good in my clothes and like what I see in the mirror again. :)
  • robbyf1971
    robbyf1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was in your boat 2 years ago. Tired of feeling fat, clothes not fitting, not feeling good about myself.

I decided to make a change, a switch went on after many other failed attempts. Things I would recommend:

> put yourself first, make time for yourself. Depending on finances, invest in yourself - gym, new workout clothes or buy new workout and other clothes when you reach goals.

> kinda unusual but early on, I read and read and read on line success stories of men my age and weight. Reading their success stories made me realize it was not impossible.

> be dedicated to exercise & diet. Track your progress. I would love my weigh in days and enter into my Excel spreadsheet and I created a line graph to track weight loss. Having that visual was motivating.

Best of luck!
  • work_on_it
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I'll take all sorts of motivation and tips. I really want to make it happen
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I can feel fat even when I'm not. It usually means I need some mental and physical refreshment.
  • work_on_it
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I can feel fat even when I'm not. It usually means I need some mental and physical refreshment.

I get that... But I def want to focus on losing some. Esp in the middle.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "I read and read and read on line success stories of men my age and weight."--I did this, too, and found it very inspiring.

Sometimes a lightbulb comes on and you realize, "I'm really fat. It has to change." Then a second lightbulb comes on when you realize it's not just something that happens to you, like weather or catching a cold, it's something you can change with your behavior. I don't why that's so impossible to see early on; I spent decades not being able to see it. Then I came here, started counting calories, and got results the first week. More than four months later, the lesson really has sunk in: if I log all my food, preferably before I eat it, and stick to a budget, the weight comes off. Every. Single. Week. It's totally in my control. That's an unbelievable breath of fresh air.
  • red55555
    red55555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel ya!! I'm the same way. I feel like my I'm going to bust out of my scrubs at any moment. You got this and can do it!