My Schedule is changing

Options
I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with my changing situation. I could use some advise. My husband is going from a graveyard shift to swing (2pm to 11pm.) We would have a pretty normal eating schedule before. We'd have breakfast together and then later when he got up, we'd have a normal dinner hour. Now, I have to make our main meal (dinner) before he leave for work at 1pm. I have been consistent with meals and have lost 9.5 pounds so far. Now, I'm worried for the change. I don't want to eat dinner at noon but, it's what I need to do under the new circumstances. I would love any ideas or helpful suggestions.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Your lunch = his dinner? You eat dinner in the evening?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Eat lunch together at 1pm. Pack him something to eat at work- you eat dinner at dinner time?
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You could switch your lunch and dinner. Eat the larger meal in the middle of day and something smaller and lighter in the evening. You could also change portion sizes - make dinner at 1pm but take a smaller portion if you don't like eating that heavy in the middle of the day.
  • cookncrazy
    cookncrazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Staci. We will now have to have our dinner by noon. That is freaking me out. On his two days off, however, we can have a normal eating schedule. Any ideas? I'm use to just having a berry smoothy and one egg usually in the morning.
  • cookncrazy
    Options
    Yes. Great idea. I could just have a small portion of the dinner I make for him and then later switch around and have my berry smoothy and egg or something else light later in the day after he's left for work. I may have greater success not eating heavy at night. Anyone else do this?
  • SuziWX
    SuziWX Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a shiftworker; I go back and forth between midnight shifts and day shifts all the time. I just consider "breakfast" the first meal I have after waking up, whether it's at 8pm or 8am (although people who don't know me probably REALLY wonder why I eat pasta, chicken, etc for breakfast sometimes lol), Lunch is in the middle of my work day, whether it's a day or night. And dinner is when I get home, a few hours before I go to bed.

In your case since your schedule isn't changing but you still want to eat with him, I like the idea of having dinner with him in the middle of the day and then just having a lighter meal later (like you would normally have for lunch).
  • cookncrazy
    Options
    Thank you Suz/WX for your input. I guess change is always a bit hard at first. I just have to plan not to make the "dinner" meals difficult and save those receipts for his days off. I love to cook and am getting a little excited to raise to the occasion.