52 down, 50 to go--

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
I hope that my progress can help motivate anybody who might be struggling, but my main hope for this post is continued motivation for myself! I've been down this road to health and to lose 100 pounds many times. Last year I lost 45 and as per usual, starting feeling really good, loosening up, and eventually eating everything in sight, gaining all back but 17 pounds.

Here are my halfway point photos. I avoided cameras like the plague at my highest weight, so the before photos were taken after I had lost around 15 pounds.

52 pounds ago I could only do 12 minutes on the elliptical and thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest. Just last night did 50 minutes at 6.5 MPH and 11 resistance on that same elliptical. 52 pounds ago I could only jog for 30 seconds and can now jog 4.5 minutes straight. 52 pounds ago I had a resting heart rate of 80 something and now have a resting heart rate of 70. 52 pounds ago I was absolutely winded running through the house with my toddler, and now play with him outside for hours.

Although weight loss is a very welcome side effect of this lifestyle, my health is improving tremendously and I'm thrilled to see what I will be able to accomplish by the end of 2016.

This journey is not easy, but it's so very worth it. I'm going to use this post as a reminder of that every now and then, and maybe you can too!

Also, I have no idea how to make those pictures any smaller! I apologize!

p2k8uf1oiivz.jpg

f40kkqireaxt.jpg

b4.jpg 319.2K
b42.jpg 324.2K

Replies

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Congrats, I too am on a journey of 100 pounds and am 45 down, I know how you feel with the improved health. I know your struggle and journey and commend your strength!
    Rob
  • bellaj1313
    bellaj1313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! Lost 53 have 50 to go! We can do this!!
  • anneface8
    anneface8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I know you are proud of yourself and feeling good is a bonus. Thank you for posting. I'm a lot older than you, but have the same medical conditions....out of breath, heart rate is 83, and I can't even do the elliptical :p. I'm sure you will loose the next 50 pounds with the type of incentive you have!! Congrats on the first 52! :)<3
  • jenny8679
    jenny8679 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your awesome! Congrats! I too am on a journey to lose 100 pounds. So far I've lost 8 pounds in three weeks but I've joined a gym and was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so I don't meet with a nutritionist until next week! Trying to figure out what to eat is the hardest
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Beautiful lady and amazing job! Congrats on the 50+ loss so far! <3
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work is really paying off!
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you (a bit more) and am also at the 50 lb loss mark. I've also slid back from this point before, and had to deal with losing all of the same weight over again. I'm excited to see where I will go from here!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, I can see the difference, even your smile shows it...hoping for the same success, as I have lost the same 100lbs several times, praying for a lose that is permanent!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep going, you are a gorgeous young woman with beautiful eyes!
    Much success to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!