FlabToFitty
FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
When? What was Your starting weight?
Just for fun ! :-)

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    People started to notice around 25-30 pounds for me.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    SW:220 (5'11")

People started noticing within 10lb, but that was mostly my immediate family (can't remember if any non-family noticed at that point). A lot more people started noticing at 20lb lost, and pretty much everyone notices at +40lb lost. I'm now 168lb and anyone who saw me in the last year says something.
  • misvic88
    misvic88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    everyone comments on how i depuff!!! lol
  • tonyberwald
    tonyberwald Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy...so different perspective perhaps. 6' tall.

SW: 216
    CW: 191
    GW: 175

People just started noticing...so for me it was about 25 pounds...or just north of 10%.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    SW: 150
    CW: 130
    GW: 120

My husband started noticing a couple of weeks ago.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sw 299
    cw 256
    gw 185

30 pounds in people started to noticed
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SW 325
    CW 275
    GW 175

40 pounds in, swapped out the old baggy jeans for a better fit and started to get comments.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ForMe2No wrote: »
    SW 285
    CW 183
    GW 145 to 150 not really sure will depend on what I look and feel like.

1 person noticed around 25 to 30lbs. No one else said anything til around 70lbs lost. Now that I've lost over 100lbs everyone seems to have noticed. And like a previous poster said it's like I lost it overnight and now I have to tell them my secret. And also they feel the need to explain/justify why they are eating what they are eating or what exercise they are doing or what ailment they have that stops them from exercising...all of this without me even saying a word about any of it. It actually gets kind of annoying. I do like that they notice and give a compliment but I would just like them to leave it at that it is uncomfortable when they go on and on.

I notice that too. People tend to notice when I've dropped around 20, but they notice if I'm making conscious efforts to not eat as many calories and then keep making excuses for why they aren't doing it? And I'm like whoa hey I get it, I was overweight for 25 years despite a good 7-8 of those struggling with my weight because it was v difficult to get serious about it
  • HollyWantACracker
    HollyWantACracker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SW: 276
    CW: 256
    GW: 200

I'm only down 20 pounds and so far my mom and sister have been the only ones to notice! I can tell a huge difference when I look at pictures though (ALWAYS take progress pictures! They keep me going!). Hoping others start to notice when I'm down 30 pounds. :)
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    SW 283
    CW 241
    GW 163

My bf, a few close friends, and mom all notice a difference. Other's either haven't or just hasn't said anything. I got so frustrated on Sunday I finally asked my neighbor can you tell I have lost anything. She said she has but thought it would be rude if she said anything. So I am wondering if that is the reason. I just have to suck it up and keep going. It would be nice to get compliments but I am doing it for me. I have noticed I am starting to get checked out by some random guys. Before I would get a look and they would look away now they do the scan and I get a smile. I know I shouldn't care because I am in a committed relationship but it is a little confidence booster.
  • wawa2nc
    wawa2nc Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SW 263
    CW 191
    GW 165

About 30 lbs in a lot of commented. Now 72 gone almost everyone has commented. Usually when I size down my clothes, it get's noticed.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    mikkara wrote: »
    I am 5"5" and started my weight loss journey at 270, five weeks ago. I am currently 255. My first goal is to reach 225, then 200, maintain for 6 mos or so, then final goal to 165. I expect this will take two years or more. Not discouraged looking at the amount of weight I need to lose. I'm older, not in terrific health, and just trying my best!

Good for you Mikkara!!!! Sounds like you are doing great and have reasonable goals and expectations. Rock on!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    SW 213
    CW 137
    GW 142

I tend to thin out quickly in the face and upper body so I think it was around the 15/20 pound mark when people started to notice.
  • deziray92
    deziray92 Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just hit my 36 lb mark the other day and I still haven't really had anyone notice except for a customer at my work I hadn't seen in a month or so lol but I can see a huge difference and that's all that matters right? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!