Cheap online clothing store?

Options
So I try on all my dresses and they used to fit like a glove and now they are all loose and I look terrible in them.
Fantastic news as this proves I'm losing!
Problem is I hate my wardrobe now. I HATE thrift store shopping. Is there any decent cheap online stores out there?
Thanks!☺

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Buying dresses/pants, etc has been a bad experience after loss
    You never can get your size just right.
    You end up not returning stuff by mail.

Go to JCPenny on fridays when they have 40% off many things.
    Get the coupon online for 15%.
    Try things on. Have fun.
    They have many, many clearance racks at 60% off.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 4 maxi dresses on Amazon for less than $10 each. Do you want casual dresses or something fancier?
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My problem is I'm in Canada and don't have access to jc penny or anything affordable
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kohl's Rewards card you can find amazing deals online, especially the sale items. The best part is, you can order stuff online, and if you don't like it you can take it back to the store (provided you have one in your area) and not worry about shipping stuff back. And it has been my experience that Kohl's is wonderful taking stuff back, no hassles. Happy shopping!
  • jessica22222
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    I just ordered 4 maxi dresses on Amazon for less than $10 each. Do you want casual dresses or something fancier?

I'm looking for pencil skirts, business casual and casual thanks! I'll check amazon.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Look into schoola.com. They aren't perfect since it is a thrift store but I've been happy with the majority of purchases.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Also check 6pm.com (subsidiary of Amazon) with lots of clothes. Only bummer is that 6pm.com does not have user ratings - returns are easy. And, Sierra Trading Post - once you place an order, they constantly send coupons, have free shipping days, etc. Easy to use site with lots of filter options. STP has user ratings and returns are easy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

I'm looking for pencil skirts, business casual and casual thanks! I'll check amazon.

I work from home now, but if I had to wear business casual I would take my too big work clothes to a tailor and have them taken in.
  • TGraceS
    TGraceS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ThredUP.com it's an online consignment store. REALLY good prices, lots of brands and they're strict about the quality of clothes they accept. They even have new with tags items and you can sell your old stuff to them too.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Try ThreadUp. It's online thrift so there's less sifting through junk. Look for some consignment stores instead of thrift. Personally, I'm a total thrift *kitten* and my closet is full of high quality clothes and I don't have any guilt about fast fashion, junk clothing.
  • jessica22222
    Options
    Hmm that would probably change my perspective of thrift shopping if it was online. I hate the experience of sifting through clothes plus I have 2 young kids so that makes the experience extra painful lol thanks for the input!!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sign up for Ricki's and Suzy Shier emails. Never pay full price at Ricki's if you can wait. Suzy's usually has a couple of 40% off sales throughout the year.
  • LStanfield3614
    LStanfield3614 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest ThredUp too. I order a lot of my business clothes from there and they're always great quality, name brand and super affordable.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    www.lollicotour.com
    Some of the stuff us trashy, IMO. But there's some cute stuff and the prices are good.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    sierratradingpost.com/

Mostly hiking, athletic type clothing, but also some nice dressier clothes. If you sign up for their emails, they frequently send out coupons for an additional 20-40% off. They ship internationally.
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ThreadUp doesn't ship to Canada. American stores are no longer quite so cheap with the Canadian Dollar so low right now.

I don't wear business casual so I don't have much suggestions there. Old Navy is cheap but not good quality for casual clothing, it's good for the in-between sizes that you are going to only need for a little while anyways.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Could you wear two or three at a time? You live in Canada after all. B)
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I work from home now, but if I had to wear business casual I would take my too big work clothes to a tailor and have them taken in.

Another excellent post from you :)

Taking your favorite, semi new clothes to tailors is getting the best bang for your bucks.