Help!

Options
I need ideas for filling lunches... I haven't have a tuna pack, pita chips, serving of hummus, and occasionally a slice of cheese. The urge to eat between lunch and dinner is so strong! When I say eat, I mean I want to sit and binge on snacks. Has anyone found a super filling lunch that eases those hunger urges?

Replies

• laurabjennings9
    laurabjennings9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tuna packpack etc**
  • KSnow78
    KSnow78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I made a big batch of Turkey Chili on the weekend. Ive eaten that a few times already :) 1 cup = 277 calories. Its super filling and equal on carbs and protein. Usually I make a little extra the night before for dinner and bring it for lunch
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Some people find that increasing the fiber in their meals helps them feel fuller. Your typical lunch doesn't look as if it has much fiber. Have you considered swapping the pita chips for a bread product with more fiber (like a sandwich thin or a wrap) or adding some vegetables?
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Is there any veggie you like to just eat? I could munch on fresh snap beans or bell peppers endlessly and they'll fill you up way before you snack yourself out of your calorie limit. Sometimes I also do bouillon, because it gives me the flavor that I'm eating without actually consuming that many calories.

Maybe you just need to switch it up! Try a big salad, or a chicken wrap, or soup, or a turkey burger, or tacos (I make them with turkey and greek yogurt, it's killer).
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowls
  • firstnamerachel
    firstnamerachel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This has been happening to me lately as well- around 3-4 in the afternoon I want to eat my arm I'm so hungry!!
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Quest Chips and protein pudding
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry between lunch and dinner, eat something. A piece of fruit, sliced veggies (orange pepper is my favourite), some yogurt. I find snacking like that feels better than loading up from one meal to the next.
  • laurabjennings9
    laurabjennings9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice! I have some ideas now of what I need to pick up at the grocery store next time;)
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Instead of having a tuna snack, make a tuna salad sandwich, with lots of filling stuff in it (onions, shredded carrot, chopped celery etc). There's lots of low cal breads you can buy. Make things that you can keep in your fridge for a couple of days and pack easily, like chickpea salad, kale salad, pasta salad, etc... filling but relatively calorie light. I like to eat filling foods for lunch that won't blow my calories for supper too, and all of these work.