Weight gain, body fat loss

Hey guys,
Ive been working out, doing some fitness classes and have been reasonably good with the diet, 1500-1700 ish.
Weighed myself today and my weight has gone back up, but my body fat has lowered by 1point.
Can't find any info on web.

Doesn't make much sense to me. anyone got any Ideas?

cheers all
Ian

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Body fat scales are fairly inaccurate, so I wouldn't take that number seriously. How long has this gain occurred over?
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    It's either water or muscle ( depending on wich way you work out ) your burning fat but you could be retaining water, depending if you strenghth training or cardio you could be increasing muscle also. Muscle is more dense, weighs more, and take little space. I would say keep at whatever your doing and not to overly stress yourself.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    @Ian, are you looking any different than before? Clothes fitting more loosely? Upon initially reading this, I'd be inclined to think that the weight you are gaining is in the form of muscle.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Gained muscle - simple! :)
  • Ian_thompson
    Ian_thompson Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for the replies guys, been busy over the easter with my two boys so haven't had time to stop and read.

@malibu927, I bought some scales for use at home due to the ones at the gym always being broken, I assumed they would be as accurate, but would provide a baseline, my thinking is, if they are X amount out when I started, they would be X amount out most of the time. I try to weigh my self every Sunday am, If I can remember, and use this as the official number, any midweek weigh ins are just to check the numbers are going in the right direction.

Thanks @Jacob1020 , I have upped my Cardio from 15 mins, to 50 over the last few weeks, at first I was just using it as a warm up to then use the weights machines, but have found I can do Hi interval training on good days, when I have the energy (I take medication (chemo), so this has a big impact on my energy levels).

@PrincessJasmenne My clothes are definatly more loose, I cant see much physical difference yet, but its only been since jan so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies guys, it is much appreiciated having others to bounce ideas and worries off.

• skorsk
    skorsk Posts: 32 Member
    Simple.. youre gaining muscle and it weighs more than fat. You have got it good as it's hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Nice job!
  • michaeyayyyy
    michaeyayyyy Posts: 67 Member
    You have lost fat gained muscle
  • michaeyayyyy
    michaeyayyyy Posts: 67 Member
    krisonkor wrote: »
    Simple.. youre gaining muscle and it weighs more than fat. You have got it good as it's hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Nice job!

Yes exactly what he said.