Weight Flucuations

Options
So I've been logging on MFP for 30 days now (breakfast only on Easter, too many recipes I didn't make to log). I've been tracking my weight daily since the 15th on a spreadsheet (with a graph!) to see the trend. I only update it on MFP on Tuesdays since I started on a Tuesday. I've noticed that for the last 2 weeks, I weigh in on Tuesday and lose weight all the way up until Monday morning. Then it goes back up. Stays the same for Tuesday, and starts to go back down on Weds mornings. Last Monday I went back up 3lbs, yesterday only 2, so I'm still losing, I'm down 2lbs since 3/1. I know it's slow & that's fine. I'll lose almost everything I want in about year this way. Only have about 30 to lose. It's easier to stay on track if I don't make a drastic change from the outset. I guess my post is just wondering if anyone else has seen such a regular trend in their own daily weights. Just seems odd to me that it reliably goes up on Monday, and down Weds-Sun. I don't really do anything different on the weekends, just eggs for breakfast since I'm home & usually not a salad for lunch like at work. Still within my calorie goals. Except for maybe Easter. I'm sure I went over & I'm ok with that. I was back on track yesterday & today, so I can live with a holiday. They don't happen every day. Two weeks seems like a smallish amount of time to see a trend, but I'm pretty interested to see if it continues.

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Seems like you are doing something over the weekend that differs from your weekday schedule. Less exercise, heavier foods, drinking? Weight fluctuations are perfectly normal however
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wish I could understand it. I weighed in at 203lbs daily for 6 days and then the 7th day I weighted 207 lbs. I don't get it.
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    08_GreenEyedMomma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    Seems like you are doing something over the weekend that differs from your weekday schedule. Less exercise, heavier foods, drinking?

Not particularly. Not that I realize at least. No drinking over Easter weekend & spent about 5hrs deep cleaning the house Saturday. The weekend prior I had 3 beers (accounted for, and cardio-d away before-hand). I guess I would have to say heavier foods if anything. Still within range though, just foods I can fix since I'm home & not at work. I'm not bothered by it, since the overall trend is still going down. Just seemed odd to me that it's so regular/predictable.

*Now that I've posted about it, it will be completely different this week! :)