Brilliant weight loss idea!

So... I've decided that everytime I lose 5 lbs I'm going to buy myself something. For example the new dress I want, or the gorgeous shoe's I've seen at KG! I definitely think this will push my to lose weight as I'm a sucker for fashion :)

Who know's when I get to my ideal weight... I might just go away for a weekend!
Let me know what you think!

Replies

• happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    I think that's fantastic! Whatever keeps you motivated :o)
  • ldupless
    ldupless Posts: 26 Member
    I think this is wonderful! :) I love the idea of rewards, especially when I can wear them! Go strong, I want to see those shoes!!!
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    great plan, think I will do the same!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    It's good to reward yourself! So if you can afford it, go for it!
  • God forbid you gain weight, you'll have to return each item one at a time:)

**Best way to make sure that this does not happen: lose the weight, reward yourself, dispose of all tags. Good luck :)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    I do that now and when i lose my next 14lbs i will be getting a new handbag and of course new clothes.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    I think it's a great idea! You might go broke, but it's certainly motivating...lol.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I'm all about rewarding yourself. I think it helps keep people motivated. Nothing wrong with it - at all. I did it during my journey. Heck, I'm still waiting to complete my final reward to myself - a tattoo in remembrance of my grandpa who passed away. We were best friends and inseparable until he passed away.

That and I want to find some pants or shorts that FIT ME. I'm tired of always having to wear a belt!
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    :happy: I'll get a new haircut when I hit my minigoal of 130.
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    I try not to buy too many clothes b/c I don't want those to be too big in a few weeks, but I do buy a new hand bag or beach tote. I also like the idea of going for a mani/pedi or to buy a new item of makeup at the dept. store.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    So... I've decided that everytime I lose 5 lbs I'm going to buy myself something. For example the new dress I want, or the gorgeous shoe's I've seen at KG! I definitely think this will push my to lose weight as I'm a sucker for fashion :)

Who know's when I get to my ideal weight... I might just go away for a weekend!
    Let me know what you think!

You mean give yourself a Reward when you reach a set goal...Cool! Almost everyone here does that, and even those of us that don't say it, subconsciously do it. There's Nothing "New"under the sun. I hope you do well on your "Journey" of wt loss.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I will eat a big carrot cake with lots nuts and frosting when I reach my goal and then hopefully I should be sick of the taste...say after a large carrot cake.. LOL
  • milowen
    milowen Posts: 40 Member
    I'm all about rewarding yourself. I think it helps keep people motivated. Nothing wrong with it - at all. I did it during my journey. Heck, I'm still waiting to complete my final reward to myself - a tattoo in remembrance of my grandpa who passed away. We were best friends and inseparable until he passed away.

That and I want to find some pants or shorts that FIT ME. I'm tired of always having to wear a belt!

Wow! You look great and did it in such a short amount of time. I'm sorry about your loss, my grandparents were my best friends too. I miss them every day.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I am buying myself a horse and going to learn to ride.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Rewarding yourself is an excellent way to stay motivated! I have some in my signature but I think I am going to change them. I always want to buy new scrapbooking and cardmaking supplies but I dont. So I think with each 10lb increment I am going to treat myself to something like that.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Thats kinda what I do too....I love clothes and shoes. I would recommend though to keeping with accessories or shoes. I bought a new dress when I lost 5 pounds and now it doesnt fit at all having lost only 20 pounds. So now I am kinda bummed the dress doesnt fit but super happy that I have lost the weight. So since then I have bought shoes, jewelry, and a new coach purse
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    i do my rewards at every 10#'s and i make sure that it has nothing to do with food. :)
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Thats kinda what I do too....I love clothes and shoes. I would recommend though to keeping with accessories or shoes. I bought a new dress when I lost 5 pounds and now it doesnt fit at all having lost only 20 pounds. So now I am kinda bummed the dress doesnt fit but super happy that I have lost the weight. So since then I have bought shoes, jewelry, and a new coach purse

can a tailor fix it for you?
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    I try not to buy too many clothes b/c I don't want those to be too big in a few weeks, but I do buy a new hand bag or beach tote. I also like the idea of going for a mani/pedi or to buy a new item of makeup at the dept. store.

I feel the same way, I planned to buy some new jeans at 130lbs, but it depends, if I still have jeans that fit, I'm going to wear them until I NEED to buy new jeans. That way I will be able to save more money to buy new clothes. :P