Nothing is right

Options
coinruby
coinruby Posts: 13 Member
Everything I record is wrong. I eat less portions and more times. I basically snack all day. Don't feel good either. Sometimes it won't say 1/8 cup of anything. Frustrated!

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your question but here goes....are you weighing all of your solids on a kitchen scale and measuring all of your liquids in a measuring cup?

The frequency of your meals does not matter; eating at a deficit is key
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat a bunch of times through the day if you don't want to. You could eat two or three times per day if it works better for you. Try selecting the entries that are verified or say USDA, they tend to have a variety of logging options that are accurate.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You don't have to eat a bunch of times through the day if you don't want to. You could eat two or three times per day if it works better for you. Try selecting the entries that are verified or say USDA, they tend to have a variety of logging options that are accurate.

^this, plus sometimes there is an option to change the unit of measurement. So, if it says cup, depending on if you are on your phone or what, you click that and see what other options there are.
  • coinruby
    coinruby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try that. I'll check up more on it. I won't give up! I'm diabetic too, so I have to eat when my sugar starts dropping and I start getting dizzy. I will need to get use to it all, I guess. Thank you for your advice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i'm diabetic (type 2), and to avoid spikes and crashes, i eat 5 to 6 smaller meals per day plus a couple snacks. i currently have 5 "meals" listed on my diary, and am probably going to up it to 6. it's working well for me.

by the way, you can log any amount of food, no matter how small, by choosing a percentage of the total. i just logged 5 grams of peanuts, which came out to 29 calories *LOL*
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated. It's a learning process. Looks like you've only been a member for 1 week. Give it time. You'll get the hang of this and figure out what works best for you.